Controller at TigerConnect
LOCATION: Santa Monica, CA
REPORTS TO: SVP, Finance
As Controller, you will be responsible for building and leading TigerConnect’s Accounting function. This is a vital part of our fast-growing organization that is on a mission to radically transform healthcare communications and patient outcomes. You will own our accounting close process and the production of our periodic financial reports, maintain an adequate system of accounting records, cash management, all accounting operations, and a comprehensive set of controls. This position is designed to mitigate risk, enhance the Company’s financial reporting process and ensure all reported results comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. This is a key financial role in our high growth vertical SaaS company reporting directly to the SVP, Finance.
What You Will Own:
- Own and lead the Accounting function, including daily accounting operations, tax, financial reporting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, revenue recognition, and all other general ledger activities.
- Review, analyze, and prepare consolidated financial statements and supporting schedules in accordance with the corporate monthly close schedule, including balance-sheet reconciliations.
- Perform monthly/quarterly close procedures and work with functional groups within the organization to account for any unusual or non-standard transactions.
- Oversee A/P, bank reconciliations, cash management, general ledger, payroll, tax submissions, and financial reporting.
- Assist budget and forecasting activities and variance analyses.
- Monitor and analyze department workflow; establish more efficient policies, procedures, controls, and use of resources.
- Conduct monthly flux analysis on balance sheet and income / expense accounts.
- Assist with various ad hoc projects and ongoing efforts toward increased automation.
- Own local, state, federal and international government tax and business filings and requirements.
- Ensure that payments, reporting, and reimbursements are accurate, consistent and timely.
- Develop and drive necessary financial policies, procedures, and systems to scale Accounting with business growth; lead the creation and maintenance of related documentation.
- Manage, develop, and retain a strong Accounting Team capable of effectively scaling with business growth.
- Passionate about detail and delivering results efficiently.
What You Will Bring to Table:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or similar discipline
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Strong public accounting experience
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience preferably within the software industry
- Strong knowledge of SAAS GAAP Accounting
- Knowledge and experience with NetSuite preferred
- Prior experience as a controller at a high growth software company preferred
Who We Are:
TigerConnect is healthcare’s most widely adopted communication platform – uniquely modernizing care collaboration among doctors, nurses, care teams, and patients. TigerConnect is the only solution that combines a consumer-like user experience for both clinical and patient communication with serious security, privacy, and clinical workflow requirements that today’s healthcare organizations demand. TigerConnect accelerates productivity, reduces costs, and improves patient outcomes. Trusted by more than 7,000 healthcare organizations, TigerConnect maintains 99.99% verifiable uptime and processes more than 10 million messages each day. We are recognized as a top Cyber Security Company to Know, one of the 5 Sizzling Silicon Beach Startups to Watch by Entrepreneur, Best Places to Work in Healthcare 5 years in a row (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019) and Built In LA’s 2021 Best Places to Work, Best Midsize Companies to Work, Best Paying Companies and Best Perks & Benefits.
Why We’re Different:
- We are the largest provider of clinical communication and collaboration solutions in the U.S.
- We're making much-needed, major changes in the healthcare industry - allowing nurses and doctors to treat more patients, more quickly
- Prime office space in the major tech ecosystems of California - Silicon Beach and Silicon Valley - each complete with a loaded fridge and tons of other perks (think rock climbing wall, food trucks, yoga, happy hours & more)
- An opportunity to work closely with a proven executive team, board, and serial entrepreneurs (www.tigerconnect.com/about)
- A fun environment that embraces a “work hard-play hard” culture
- We have team members that love what they do and are willing to go the extra mile to help clients, support the company's rapid growth, and ultimately optimize healthcare workflows
- This is a full time opportunity with a competitive salary, medical benefits, and 401K matching plan
TigerConnect is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to TigerConnect without first entering into a written contract with TigerConnect will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.