Why Work at Grindr?
Since 2009, Grindr has built the world’s largest social network for gay, bi, trans, and queer people. Now more than just an app, we’re a family of lifestyle brands with the shared mission to connect LGBTQ people with the world around them:
- Grindr – The location-based social app that started it all. Over 3 million people use Grindr daily, from every country on the planet.
- INTO – A digital magazine dedicated to queer perspectives: news, culture, commentary, video, and more.
- Grindr for Equality (G4E) – Our social mission to promote justice, health, and safety for LGBTQ individuals around the globe.
- Gaymoji – A one-of-a-kind collection of over 500+ stickers available on iOS, Android, and in the Grindr app.
Behind the brands, Grindr is an inclusive and passionate family of thinkers, innovators, leaders, and most importantly, doers. We’re fueled by endless curiosity, constant collaboration, and a knack for crossing every finish line – all within an agile growth environment. We also enjoy tons of perks, great social events, and stunning views from our HQ in West Hollywood.
Our team is growing, and we’re looking to add a Controller that will work closely with the finance and leadership team to accelerate the fantastic growth Grindr has been enjoying for years while ensuring the financial health of the company through rigorous planning, strategic and operational analyses.
You will have the opportunity to work closely with the VP of Finance and have opportunities to advise our team on pre-IPO procedures, while proactively keeping up with the latest regulatory developments that impact the Company’s SEC filing and financial reporting requirements.
- Establish and manage the companies’ financial reporting policies and procedures
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Lead and support the month-end and year-end close process
- Coordinate the preparation of lender, investor and regulatory reporting (SEC)
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Prepare interpretive analysis of financial statements
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with GAAP and applicable regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Prepare and analyze cash flow reports and forecasts
- You’ll be responsible for implementing the systems and protocols to maintain good cost controls, healthy budgeting and oversee disciplined AR/AP management.
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Map and track projected operational metrics and fundraising expectations
- Build and update a company dashboard with critical KPIs
- Create framework to measure and monitor performance against operational metrics
- Provide leadership in strengthening internal communications with staff at all level
- 8+ years of experience in accounting, financial and analytical roles, CPA preferred
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting or Finance a must; MBA preferred
- Experience working in a technology or mobile services company, startup, SaaS company or software businesses undergoing rapid growth and change
- Strong negotiation and communication skills; experience in effectively communicating key data including presentations to senior management
- Excellent team building and leadership skills
- Previous experience with pre-IPO or publicly traded company
Benefits & Perks
- 100% covered medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous Parental Leave
- Unlimited sick policy
- Competitive Salaries
- Catered daily lunch
- Stocked kitchen
- Free on-site parking
- Casual dress environment
Grindr is an equal opportunity employer
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to Grindr without first entering into a written contract will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.