Slickdeals is looking for an Assistant Controller to join the team based in either Los Angeles, CA or Las Vegas, NV (remote work only during COVID-19 pandemic). This is a strategic role responsible for managing and directing the company’s day-to-day accounting functions in a high-growth environment. Fantastic growth opportunity for someone who wants to get in with a well-financed, culture-focused, pre-IPO company.
- Work closely with the CFO to improve accounting processes. Assist with development and maintenance of internal control structure. Ensure compliance with established controls.
- Assist with month-end close and other accounting-related processes
- Perform account reconciliations and analyses, prepare journal entries and review accounting classifications, in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Analyze and prepare financial statements, including balance sheets, statements of financial position, and cash flow statement.
- Assist with identification, documentation, and adherence to the Company's financial policies.
- Prepare documentation in support of annual audits including interfacing with auditors and responding to questions. Review audit reports and make process changes as appropriate.
- Coordinate and assist outside tax consultants with preparation of tax provisions and filings.
- Evaluate new ERP systems for a 2021 implementation.
- Provide technical accounting support and leadership across the organization, particularly with complex and judgmental areas.
- Assist with and/or manage ad hoc reporting, analysis, or other projects as assigned.
- Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Detail oriented, analytical, and accurate.
- Exceptional communication skills that provide the ability to interact with all levels of the organization with a high customer service orientation.
- Proficient computer skills specifically PowerPoint and excel.
- Creative problem solver who anticipates risks and opportunities and maintains a vision for continuous improvement.
- Should be highly structured, disciplined and organized with an ability to meet deadlines.
- Work effectively with external experts including attorneys, investment advisors, and risk managers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 5-7 years of accounting experience.
- Internet company experience as well as previous management experience preferred.
- CPA or CPA candidate.
- Big four public accounting experience is a plus.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States.
Slickdeals is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Slickdeals will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the "Ban the Box" legislation. We may access publicly available information as part of your application.
Slickdeals does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies and is not responsible for related fees.