Accounts Payable Specialist at Relativity Space
Team and Role Overview
Relativity Space is creating the first autonomous rocket factory. Our vision is to build the future of humanity in space – starting with rockets. We have an ambitious mission, and we understand that it takes a village to achieve that.
The Accounts Payable team is an integral component of the Accounting group, which plays a critical role at Relativity in equipping and empowering the company to make smart business decisions. The team works closely and partner with General Accounting, Procurement, Manufacturing, and Warehousing teams to ensure that our vendors are paid on time and that employees’ buying behavior is compliant with company policies.
By enforcing our employees (buyers) to follow the company’s procure-to-pay process and procedure, we are able to process invoices and payments in a timely manner. Additionally, we make sure that all proper documentations are collected and appropriately filed to meet audit requirements. The Accounting group at large is responsible for the integrity of our financial data through governing our controls and supporting our annual financial audits. It is also our responsibility to maintain tax and regulatory compliance and reporting requirements across different jurisdictions at federal, state, and local levels.
Our team is growing! We are looking for a detail-oriented and motivated Accounts Payable Specialist to join the team. You will be reporting to the Corporate Controller. As an Accounts Payable Specialist, you will be responsible for the following:
- Perform three-way match between PO, invoice, and receipt, and work cross functionally to solve any discrepancies that may arise.
- Ensure proper coding of invoices, departmental approval, and accurate entry into ERP system for company-authorized purchases.
- Ensure correct sales tax rates are applied to invoices based on jurisdiction.
- Review and process employees’ expense reports and reimbursements.
- Reconcile and ensure accurate coding of credit cards charges, including Amazon Business transactions and other R&D/T&E expenses.
- Assist with vendor onboarding, including setting up and reviewing/approving new Business Partners in the ERP system.
- Conduct vendor account reconciliations.
- Assist with month-end close process for A/P related transactions.
- Answer employees’ questions on Accounts Payable processes and payment status, etc.
- Support the Controller with annual financial audits.
- Provide support for ad-hoc A/P matters and other projects as assigned.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives
We want to send 3-D printed rockets to space! To help the company achieve this mission, it is important that our bills are recorded timely, vendors are paid on time, and that all of the required documentation is properly in place for annual US-GAAP financial audits. Your contribution will help us get closer to our first rocket launch.
You are naturally a self-starter and problem-solver with a strong “can-do” attitude. Given the high volume of data entry you will be dealing with, we expect you to have high integrity and be extremely detail-oriented and organized. You value and respect people and have a strong team player mindset. You have excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills. You do not easily get intimated by high volume and are willing to accept new challenges and grow individually and together with the team and company as a whole. Having the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a busy and dynamic environment will be imperative to make you successful in this role.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
- Associate’s degree or higher, preferably in accounting or finance-related fields.
- 5+ years of accounts payable experience at a fast-paced and high volume environment.
- Must have working knowledge of ERP system(s).
- Strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy is a must.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel skills.
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- Bonus experience using Infor LN ERP (previously BAAN)!
- Manufacturing or aerospace/defense industries experience is a plus!
- Sales/use tax working knowledge not required, but would be a cherry on top.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.