Accounts Payable Specialist
FabFitFun is seeking an organized and detailed Accounts Payable Specialist to join our team in West Hollywood. This person will be working with our Accounting Team to ensure compliance of our accounts payable processes. The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for processing all vendor invoices for payment, assisting with employee expense reimbursements and corporate credit card program. Our ideal candidate works best in a fast-paced environment, and is comfortable working across diverse teams.
What You’ll Do:
- Codes such items as invoices, vouchers, expense reports, check requests, etc., with correct codes conforming to standard procedures to ensure proper entry into the financial system.
- Establish and maintain vendor relationship
- Ability to catch fraudulent requests from outside sources
- Handles all vendor correspondence via phone or email
- Prepares non-inventory purchase order requisitions.
- Attaches the corresponding purchase orders to incoming invoices with all supporting documentation.
- Investigates and resolves problems associated with processing of invoices and purchase orders.
- Assists with monthly status reports, and monthly closings.
- Reconciles various accounts by identifying errors in posting or omissions by applying appropriate accounting standards.
- Process remittance information from checks, drafts and wire transfers for invoices provided by vendors, reviewing instructions accompanying items to determine proper disposition and crediting accounts in accordance with standard procedures.
- Receives, researches and resolves a variety of routine internal and external inquiries concerning account status, including communicating the resolution of discrepancies to appropriate persons.
- Files, maintains, and distributes accounting documents, records and reports.
- Performs other duties as required to support Accounting Department.
What You’ll Need:
- Minimum 3-4 years of general accounting experience
- Advanced in MS-Excel (v-lookup, pivot table, sumif, sort, filter, etc.)
- 10-key by touch
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills; must be detail oriented
- Excellent analytical, reconciliation and overall troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high-volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- Open to change and willing to learn new skills
- Ability to follow up on pending issues
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Experience with NetSuite is preferred
- Experience with Bill.com is preferred
- Experience with Nexonia is a plus
What You’ll Get:
- Catered lunch 2x/week
- Kitchen stocked with great snacks and drinks
- Dog-friendly office
- Free FabFitFun subscription
- Paid parking
- Fun and friendly culture