Accounting Manager (Remote) at Grindr
(This role can be based in Los Angeles, or remote within the U.S.)
Grindr is looking for an experienced accounting and finance professional with diligent focus and accuracy to help ensure the financial health of our company. As the Accounting Manager at Grindr, you will be a key member of our Finance team, working directly with the Sr Director of Accounting & Financial Operations, helping further the growth of our company through dedication, consistency, and the motivation to see Grindr succeed.
The responsibilities will include accounting and financial functions; ranging from A/P, A/R, payroll and tax compliance to working on month end close and financial reporting.
- Working alongside the Sr Director of Accounting & Financial Operations, assist with the development and maintenance of accounting principles, policies and procedures
- Manage and supervise Accounts Payable function including receipt, review, and payment of vendor invoices; process payment requests; audit and process credit card statements; and maintain all vendor relationships
- Manage and supervise payroll processing
- Support the Sr Director of Accounting & Financial Operations with Oracle Fusion ERP maintenance and customization
- Record fixed asset acquisitions, dispositions and related depreciation
- Assist the Sr Director of Accounting & Financial Operations with maintaining revenue recognition policies and procedures including recording journal entries and maintaining deferred revenue schedules
- Work with the Sr Director of Accounting & Financial Operations to provide accurate and timely financial reporting
- Manage annual financial audits and assist in other audits (e.g. tax audits, 401K audits, etc…) when necessary
- Collaborate with other departmental managers to ensure accurate and efficient flow of information across integrated platforms and delivery of financial results
- Support the Sr Director of Accounting & Financial Operations with special projects and workflow process improvements
- Assist in the month end close and financial reporting process including account analysis and reconciliation
- Manage tax compliance in collaboration with external tax accountants
- Support the FP&A team in providing data and insights
- Other responsibilities and tasks as assigned
- 5 – 7+ years experience in accounting with at least 2 years in private accounting required, preferably with a combination of public and private accounting
- CPA is required
- Prior experience in managing and developing employees
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related major is required
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and financial reporting
- Basic understanding of US tax systems
- Extremely proficient in Excel
- Detailed oriented, result driven, resourceful, comfortable with ambiguity, and willing to roll up the sleeve
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work cross functionally and collaborate with other departments and external advisors
- Technology and/or media experience preferred
- Experience with Oracle Fusion a plus
- Grindr – The location-based social app that started it all. Over 3 million people use Grindr daily, from every country on the planet.
- Grindr for Equality (G4E) – Our social mission to promote justice, health, and safety for LGBTQ individuals around the globe.
- BLOOP - A space for Grindr users to connect around sex, dating, and everything else happening on—and off—the apps.
Benefits & Perks
- Full coverage medical and dental insurance
- Unlimited sick policy
- Competitive salaries and options
- Stocked kitchen
- Free on-site parking
- Casual dress environment
Grindr is an equal opportunity employer