Who We Are:
Golden Hippo is an employee-owned, vertically-integrated, highly profitable direct-to-consumer marketer of health, beauty, and pet care brands that collectively generate $1 billion of revenue annually. Our employees are passionate about our mission to create best-in-class products across broadly appealing categories — to help people live their healthiest, happiest lives.
Our A-players are results-driven creative thinkers who like to move fast, get the job done, and have fun doing it. If you love to roll up your sleeves, take on exciting new challenges every day, and drive massive growth, we want to hear from you!
Why Golden Hippo:
Here at Golden Hippo, we work to develop best-in-class products, revolutionary marketing campaigns, and glowing customer experiences. We pride ourselves on our award-winning culture and incredibly diverse workforce. We intentionally strive to cultivate, create, and celebrate a rich, vibrant and inclusive culture of belonging where our employees feel respected and empowered. We also offer:
- Award-winning culture… Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company in Los Angeles 2021, Best Teams - Marketing 2021, Best Company - Leadership 2020, and more! Click here to view more.
- Competitive salary & bonus opportunities
- Flexible, remote work arrangements available for most positions
- Highly valuable employee stock ownership plan (ESOP)
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, life, parental leave, and more)
- Generous matching 401K plan
- UNLIMITED room for growth and results-based pay increases
- Highly interactive, challenging work with a talented, diverse, passionate team
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities such as manager and employee development classes, Tuition Assistance Program, book club, film club, webinars, mentorship program, Hippo Talks, and much more
- Casual, "no dress code" atmosphere
- In-office gym & fitness classes, fully-stocked kitchen, plus regular yoga, meditation breaks, happy hours, and events
Golden Hippo is currently looking for a Video Editor/Motion Graphics - Direct Response Marketing who will be responsible for pitching, developing, producing, writing and editing video for advertising and marketing campaigns.
What Your Day-to-Day Will Look Like:
- Edit and create long-form video content utilizing stock footage and in-house graphics
- Edit engaging short-form content for Facebook, Instagram, TikTok and YouTube
- Analyze direct marketing trends and implement them in all the videos.
- Conceptualize and pitch videos to the marketing team.
- Collaborate with the writers and the marketing team to optimize creatives.
- Compile and condense user generated assets into engaging video content
- Help manage publishing process to ensure content is optimized across multiple platforms.
The Best Candidates Will Have:
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 1-3 years In Video Editing
- At least 1 year experience in Motion Graphics
- Video Editor experience for Direct Response Marketing is a plus
- Has good sense of composition and aesthetic decision.
- Proficient in Adobe Premiere with After Effects, Adobe Audition, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator experience
- Basic knowledge on media encoding and publishing
- Experience working with Mac computers
- Incredible organization and media management skills
- Is excited to work with a cross-functional team to meet goals that help the continued growth of our business
- Attention to detail and strong communication skills
- Story-producing and development, a plus
- Has a desire to solve problems, openness to giving and receiving feedback and a hunger to always be improving
- Is able to establish priorities, meet deadlines and handle multiple competing tasks and demands
- Digital Strategy and Audience Development experience, a major plus
Equal Employment Opportunity
Golden Hippo strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), family and medical care leave or the denial of family and medical care leave, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, political affiliation, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, rule, ordinance or regulation.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, for applicants in Los Angeles, California, and consistent with applicable laws in other areas.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Golden Hippo recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Golden Hippo may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
AL AK AZ AR CA CO CT FL HI ID IL IN KS MA MI MT NV NM NY NC OH OR TN VA TX UT WA Remote