We solve real-world problems in the home services industry. We are passionate about bringing innovative and delightful solutions to traditional problems and workflows. Our ambitious team of product managers, designers, and product marketers works closely with our thousands of users to help make their lives easier through technology. We embrace agile development and design thinking to ship hundreds of new features every month. We measure our success based on our customer’s success. We strive for real impact.
As a Technical Writer, you will become an important member of the Documentation Team. You will join a team of talented tech writers who work collaboratively with developers, quality engineers, product managers, and usability experts to make our products easier to use. You will take ownership of key documentation areas, assist the team with documentation updates, and contribute to the maintenance of the ServiceTitan knowledge base.
What you'll do
- Act as the lead technical writer for assigned product areas. This will include all documentation for new features and documentation updates.
- Produce high impact documentation that helps drive self-service and efficiency for our end users and internal employees
- Help the documentation team to track and identify documentation areas impacted by UI changes and new features.
- Participate in audits of existing documentation to ensure optimization of content architecture and accuracy of content.
- Write easy-to-understand and customer-facing user guides and help articles.
- Work with Product Managers and internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and documentation requirements.
What you'll need
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Technical Communications, Computer Science, Engineering, or related fields.
- Prior experience in technical writing, professional editing, or grant writing (2 years preferred).
- Prior experience with software development (2 years preferred) or educational equivalent.
- Superb grammar and spelling.
- A keen eye and attention to detail.
- Excellent proofreading skills.
- Advanced logic and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to organize and simplify large amounts of data and multi-tiered processes.
- Ability to work autonomously on assigned tasks and coordinate multiple ongoing projects.
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures.
- Familiarity with HTML, CSS, and JIRA. Demonstrated ability to learn new software and technical skills.
- Experience in a support role or experience in curriculum development.
- Experience with MadCap Flare.
- Knowledge of home services industries (plumbing, electrical, HVAC).
- Please submit a writing portfolio (3-5 writing samples).
- The writing portfolio must demonstrate the ability to produce efficient and clearly written customer-facing and/or internal documentation. A diverse writing portfolio that includes online content and data visualization is preferred. The writing portfolio should exhibit the candidate's ability to understand and implement content architecture and/or presentation of complex concepts.
ServiceTitan is a mobile, cloud-based software platform that helps home services companies streamline operations, improve customer service, and grow their business. ServiceTitan's end-to-end solution for the multi-billion dollar residential home services industry includes CRM, intelligent dispatch, custom reporting, marketing automation, mobile solution for field techs, and accounting integration with Intacct and QuickBooks. ServiceTitan brings a fully operational modern SaaS infrastructure to an industry traditionally underserved by software. ServiceTitan is the preferred software for hundreds of the world's most successful plumbing, HVAC, and electrical companies. For more information about ServiceTitan, visit www.ServiceTitan.com.
Inc 5000 - Best Workplaces 2018
Mogul Top 1000 Companies Worldwide for Millennial Women 2018
Glassdoor/Battery Ventures Highest Rated Cloud Computing Companies to Work 2018
Los Angeles Business Journal Top 100 Fastest Growing Private Company for 2017
Inc. 5000 – America’s Fastest Growing Companies 2017
Forbes - Next Billion-Dollar Startup List 2017