Story Producer at Golden Hippo
Golden Hippo is a young, growing digital marketing company committed to helping everyone live their healthiest life. We create cutting edge health, wellness, and beauty products and work tirelessly to get them into the hands of the people who need them most - our customers. We're growing fast, but our core values remain the same as when we were founded in 2010.
Golden Hippo is currently looking for a Story Producer who will write, direct and produce high-converting and long-form marketing videos to be used across social media and native advertising platforms that engage with and sell health, wellness and beauty products directly to the consumer online.
HERE IS WHAT WE OFFER YOU
At Golden Hippo you have a chance to make an impact. You will have the opportunity to be creative, take initiative and grow. A career at Golden Hippo is more than just a job. It's the chance to work among friends every day, to work and play hard, and to see the results of your work firsthand. We work in a lively, laid back work environment with a fully stocked kitchen for our employees to use. We also offer:
- Competitive salary (DOE)
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- Matching 401K plan
- In-office CrossFit gym with professional coaches
- Yoga and meditation breaks
- Casual, "no dress code" atmosphere and an open office space
- Highly interactive work with a talented, passionate team
- UNLIMITED room for growth and results-based pay increases
WHAT YOUR DAY IS LIKE
- Oversee the creative execution of short-form and long-form marketing videos using a data-driven, test-and-learn approach
- Conceptualize new storytelling angles
- Write scripts that combine a variety of storytelling narrative devices including narration, scripted copy, soundbites, video b-roll and graphics
- Conduct documentary-style, on-camera interviews that elicit pithy compelling responses from brand “gurus” and customers (i.e. testimonials) and other on-camera talent
- Work with videographers to gather video assets (i.e. identify needed video cover, set-up locations and direct videographers to shoot b-roll)
- Oversee the creative production of in-studio shoots in collaboration with camera crew and production managers
- Collaborate with editors from pre-production to delivery, including providing feedback on edits, assist in conceiving of graphics and on-screen text
- Analyze performance data, and use data to create incremental video optimizations that scale
- Available to drive, and occasionally travel, to locations in order to film and gather footage and conduct interviews
BEST CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Writing, Film or related field
- 3-5 years of experience in video writing/production
- 5-7 years of experience writing to video and film/visual storytelling such as TV news writer, documentary writer, screenwriter, etc.
- Exceptional non-fiction writing skills
- Understanding of video production
- Ability to formulate strategies on how to market health and wellness products in fresh, creative and different ways
- Understanding of digital mediums
- A highly creative self-starter who can work both independently and collaborate well with different teams
- To be considered, please submit a cover letter with your resume as well as provide a link to your reel
Golden Hippo is always looking for smart, driven self-starters who are excited to build a place for themselves in one of the most fun, exciting companies in Los Angeles. If you thrive on community and communication, learning from your failures, and embracing the unexpected, Golden Hippo just might be the place for you.
Golden Hippo is an equal opportunity employer.