Sr. Manager, Music Operations at Snap Inc.
Snapchat’s recently launched music-based creative tools empower our 249M daily users to convey a new dimension of self expression by quickly adding licensed music to their snaps. This is just the start of music at Snap and we are growing our Music Partnerships and Operations team to support these tools globally.
We are seeking a Sr. Manager, Music Operations to develop and scale systems used for music content delivery and rights management. This is an entrepreneurial and data driven position that requires in-depth knowledge of the rights landscape, business models, operational systems, and digital supply chains.What you'll do:
As a key member of the team, ideal candidates for this role will have a deep understanding and successful track record in the following areas:
- Music rights landscape for record labels, music publishers and Performing Rights Organizations
- Work experience with major and independent music content owners
- Content ingestion practices (DDEX), digital supply chain operations and metadata management
- Deep experience understanding and managing publishing clearances for new releases
- Compliance with reporting obligations and other key provisions from complex agreements
- Management of multiple 3rd party service providers
- Music content management system architecture and development
- Achieving operational excellence with internal and external partners
- Diving deep to solve complex rights related issues
- Creative and innovative thinker with a proven track record for solving complex problems
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Team player who can work across multiple groups, including product, engineering, legal, and other XFN teams
- Bias for action and excel in a lean work environment
- 7+ years managing global operations for a music-focused technology platform, digital music service or rights owner
- Passionate about the business of music
- Street smarts - willingness to roll up the sleeves and do whatever is necessary to meet team goals
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. EOE, including disability/vets. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at [email protected]
Our Benefits: Snap Inc. is its own community, so we’ve got your back! We do our best to make sure you and your loved ones have everything you need to be happy and healthy, on your own terms. Our benefits are built around your needs and include paid maternity & paternity leave, comprehensive medical coverage, emotional and mental health support programs, and compensation packages that let you share in Snap’s long-term success!