Senior Retoucher at FIGS
- Retoucher is responsible for image selection, editing an image to an established aesthetic
- Utilizing color separation, image manipulation, and color proofing for multi-channel distribution in a high volume production environment
- Responsible for maintaining a dialogue with the Sr. Art Director and Creative Project Manager about workflow and expectations
- Manage outside retoucher freelancers
- Organize, archive and maintain the digital asset management system
- Have a comprehensive understanding of photographic vocabulary and terms
- Have detail oriented dialogue about the properties of a given image
- Bachelor's Degree in related field
- Experience in the Ecommerce and Apparel industry is a requirement
- Intimate knowledge of Adobe Photoshop with a keen eye for detail
- 5+ years experience in photo retouching within the Ecommerce and Apparel industry
- Please attach work samples, in addition to your resume and cover letter, when submitting your application
A little bit about us…
The $60 billion medical apparel industry is antiquated, highly fragmented and, until FIGS, was driven solely by low-cost providers offering a limited selection of poor quality products sold through third party distributors. FIGS is revolutionizing the medical apparel industry by creating the highest quality medical apparel in the world and by selling directly to medical professionals through our branded ecommerce site.
FIGS’ foundation is built on product quality, and we have a relentless focus on three key areas: fabric, fit and function. We developed our proprietary, performance-oriented fabric technology to meet the demands of the medical profession. FIGS’ Technical Collection fabric is wrinkle resistant, stain and liquid repellant, moisture-wicking, odor proof, lightweight, breathable and offers four-way stretch. Our designs are tailored, sophisticated and innovative, incorporating features such as yoga waistbands, smart storage (pockets, zippers, hidden pockets) and inspirational sayings inside each garment that appeal to modern healthcare professionals.
By offering a branded and customer-centric online shopping experience, we are changing how medical professionals buy their workwear. Through our website, social media, and participation in medical conferences and events, we have built a strong following within the medical community and a meaningful connection with our customers, which allows us to understand their needs and to ensure that FIGS is continuously improving and innovating.
FIGS’ Threads for Threads initiative is central to our mission. FIGS has donated hundreds of thousands of scrubs to healthcare providers in need in over 35 countries.