Production Coordinator at FIGS
The Production Coordinator handles the day to day communication with accessories, socks and material suppliers to ensure all production is completed correctly and on time. This position reports into the Product Manager.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Manages production schedules from PP to goods delivery to the port for socks and accessories
- Works directly with material and trim suppliers to ensure factory in-house dates are met
- Support Sourcing Manager with data management (costing dummy, accuracy in buy plan content prior to PO issue, air freight communication, production meeting agenda/recap)
- Review all bulk submits received against development submits and partner with Colorist on color approvals
- Communicate directly with fabric/trim suppliers on bulk submit approvals and troubleshooting
- Communicate with vendors on bulk fabric, trim quality approvals, rejections, and troubleshooting
- Receiving/sending production shipments to suppliers with packing lists and tracking information
- Ensure that shipments received are allocated to the appropriate team.
- Work closely with Design/Technical Design all TOPs are reviewed in a timely manner.
- Work closely with the Product Development team to ensure fabrics/trims are approved for production and chase into pending lab dips/strike offs to ensure on time production delivery
- Attends all production fittings
- Maintains fabric/trim liability library and Excel file
- Background in apparel/textiles/production
- Strong Excel experience
- Basic understanding of garment construction
- Basic understanding of material planning
Other must haves:
- Proven work ethic and integrity
- Positive attitude
- Desire to excel and grow with FIGS
- Entrepreneurial spirit and egoless nature
This is a full time, non-exempt position located in Santa Monica.
Hourly Range: $25/hr DOE
A little bit about us…
The medical apparel industry is antiquated, highly fragmented and, until FIGS, was driven solely by low-cost providers offering a limited selection of poor quality products sold through third party distributors. FIGS is revolutionizing the medical apparel industry by creating the highest quality medical apparel in the world and by selling directly to medical professionals through our branded ecommerce site.
FIGS’ foundation is built on product quality, and we have a relentless focus on three key areas: fabric, fit and function. We developed our proprietary, performance-oriented fabric technology to meet the demands of the medical profession. FIGS’ Technical Collection fabric is wrinkle resistant, moisture-wicking, lightweight, breathable and offers four-way stretch. Our designs are tailored, sophisticated and innovative, incorporating features such as yoga waistbands, smart storage (pockets, zippers, hidden pockets) and inspirational sayings inside each garment that appeal to modern healthcare professionals.
By offering a branded and customer-centric online shopping experience, we are changing how medical professionals buy their workwear. Through our website, social media, and participation in medical conferences and events, we have built a strong following within the medical community and a meaningful connection with our customers, which allows us to understand their needs and to ensure that FIGS is continuously improving and innovating.
FIGS’ Threads for Threads initiative is central to our mission. FIGS has donated hundreds of thousands of scrubs to healthcare providers in need around the world.