Manager / Sr. Manager, Technical Documentation
We solve real world problems in the home services industry. We are passionate about bringing innovative and delightful solutions to traditional problems and workflows. Our ambitious team of product managers, designers, and product marketers works closely with our thousands of users to help make their lives easier through technology. We embrace agile development and design thinking to ship hundreds of new features every month. We measure our success based on our customer’s success. We strive for real impact.
Manager/ Sr. Manager, Technical Documentation
As Manager/Sr. Manager of Technical Documentation, you will lead and scale a team that produces world class documentation for a rapidly evolving product. You will define a vision for internal and external-facing documentation at ServiceTitan. You will take ownership over our burgeoning Knowledge Base and in-app copy (tooltips, self-help content) in order to streamline the customer experience and facilitate self-learning and self-service. You will own the content strategy and architecture and you’ll be accountable for the output of the team, optimizing for efficient, timely delivery of content while upholding industry-leading quality standards. In addition to being accountable for customer-facing content, you will oversee and lead the production of internal technical product documentation geared towards our internal teams, with a focus on engineering, product, and QA, in order to drive more expedient and efficient onboarding and ramp up of internal team members. You will represent the documentation team in cross-functional meetings with other leaders across the company, including the executive team. You’ll be responsible for building a hiring model for the team based on company needs and will present the business case and ROI justification on an ongoing basis to support that model as the team grows. Lastly, you will take an active role in the content creation itself, establishing and iterating on best practices for all documentation processes in full alignment with the Product and Engineering orgs.
This role is ideal for someone with a strong background in customer-facing technical writing, experience effectively leading, managing, and scaling a documentation team at a software company, and a passion for making a big impact on the overall customer experience.
- Manage team of technical writers and drive career growth and opportunity for the team members maintaining a strong customer focus
- Scale and develop the team, while building out a new internal arm of the documentation team
- Be accountable for department KPIs and the ROI of the team and its output on an ongoing basis
- Deliver top quality, thorough product documentation for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Supervise and participate in the timely design, production, and delivery/completion of product documentation
- Analyze data to determine, recommend, and plan new processes in the technical writing function to drive quality and efficiencies
- Create, maintain, and follow consistent writing style standards and guidelines across documentation materials
- Own and maintain a customer-facing Knowledge Base
- Establish subject matter expertise across the team for product knowledge, product usage best practices, as well as documentation and writing best practices
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications, Technical Writing, Computer Science, or equivalent
- 4+ years of management experience leading a team of technical writers
- 7+ years of technical writing experience (software company strongly preferred)
- Experience managing a team of diverse individuals – proven ability to manage, motivate, collaborate with, and lead teams through end-to-end document creation in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven success in a fast-paced high output working environment
- Strong attention to detail, editing skills, analytical skills, and thorough understanding of technical documentation
- A drive to learn quickly and constantly adapt to new challenges
- Data-driven approach to prioritization of writing efforts and validation of results (ROI)
- Maintain in-depth product knowledge, as well as advanced writing and editing skills, in order to help writers evaluate the information needs of customers and employees
- Working knowledge of structured authoring and single-source publishing tools (Madcap Flare)
- Working knowledge of CSS and HTML
ServiceTitan is a mobile, cloud-based software platform that helps home service companies streamline operations, improve customer service, and grow their business. ServiceTitan’s end-to-end solution for the multi-billion dollar residential home service industry includes CRM, intelligent dispatch, comprehensive reporting, Marketing management tools, mobile connectivity for field techs, and Quickbooks integration. ServiceTitan brings a fully operational modern SaaS infrastructure to an industry traditionally underserved by software. ServiceTitan is here to champion the people in home services. ServiceTitan helps them provide a wonderful customer experience, improve sales and more easily manage their business.
This is a great opportunity to be a part of a start-up that is already successful, yet early enough to offer its team members significant growth and equity opportunities. We have a proven product, brand-name customers, significant revenue and growth, and are backed by Bessemer Venture Partners, the leading investors in cloud software.