Editor-in-Chief and Head of Content Operations at ServiceTitan Inc.
ServiceTitan is an all-in-one software platform that helps home services companies streamline and grow their business. Founded by the sons of tradesmen who discovered that both of their fathers' professions were vastly underserved by the types of digital tools that were disrupting numerous other industries, ServiceTitan is a mission-driven company that takes immense pride in helping contractors become more successful and lead better lives.
Editor-in-Chief and Head of Content Operations
We are seeking a seasoned, digitally-savvy Editor-in-Chief and Head of Content Operations for a new digital publication for home services contractors. Home services is a $400B a year industry in the U.S. alone and have been underserved when it comes to content.
Our goal is to, every day, create content that helps contractors succeed and prosper. Our addressable audience includes blue-collar entrepreneurs/owners, field technicians, and office operators in highly-skilled industries like electrical, HVAC, plumbing, etc.
The right person for this role has several years of experience working as an editor, and a stable of talent (both freelance and for staff roles) they're ready to tap. This editor is a natural leader with an eye for quality, is intellectually curious, and displays excellent judgment at all times.
As our Editor-in-Chief and Head of Content Operations, you will:
- Lead a Team: Build and oversee a team of managing editors, content producers, and a vast network of writers and contributors
- Drive Content: Lead the development of all content, including articles, long-form reports, videos, infographics, and interactive experiences
- Drive the editorial direction and content calendar, ensuring timely delivery of content on a daily basis;
- Plan and manage content so that your program not only covers but ideally furthers, the industry discussion around all major trends and developing technologies
- Ensure all content you produce is on-brand, consistent in style, quality, and voice
- Maintain editorial calendar, manage copy flow, and generally keep the spaceship running
- Know Our Audience: Connect with the right experts internally and externally to learn about our audience, key topics, and trends
- Build a Team: Identify and recruit top talent internally and externally for contributing content in written, audio, and video formats
- Drive Results: Be data-driven and stay focused on results, ensuring you are always optimizing your content and covering the right topics in the right way
- Stay Connected: Build relationships within your team, your growing community of contributors, your readers and constituents, and the various organizations who will read and comment on your work
- Optimize: Ensure all content is optimized for search and by channel and is engaging for our target audiences
- Leverage Data: Lead primary research and leverage market data to develop content themes and topics of interest
- Direct Social Media: Coordinate social media and overall distribution/amplification strategy for content
- Drive Engagement: Help to build our audience and drive engagement on our site
To be successful in this role, you’ll need:
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience in a related role; Editorial experience in a newsroom environment a must!
- Journalistic experience in SMB, home services, or related spaces a plus
- Minimum of 3 years managing editorial teams and vast networks of contributors
- 5+ years of experience assigning and editing stories and content for a daily website; Experience with video content is a must!
- Experience launching and/or running a digital publication
- An understanding of media planning, distribution, and syndication of content
- Comfortable working in a startup environment, where speed, flexibility, and experimentation are part of the day-to-day
- Outstanding writing and editing skills
We are proud of the ServiceTitan culture - it brings together brilliant, genuine and driven individuals in an atmosphere that is positive and inclusive. Check out our culture for yourself:
http://instagram.com/goservicetitan | https://www.themuse.com/profiles/servicetitan | https://www.builtinla.com/company/servicetitan-inc
ServiceTitan is a mobile, cloud-based software platform that helps home services companies streamline operations, improve customer service, and grow their business. ServiceTitan's end-to-end solution for the multi-billion dollar residential home services industry includes CRM, intelligent dispatch, custom reporting, marketing automation, mobile solution for field techs, and accounting integration with Intacct and QuickBooks. ServiceTitan brings a fully operational modern SaaS infrastructure to an industry traditionally underserved by software. ServiceTitan is the preferred software for hundreds of the world's most successful plumbing, HVAC, and electrical companies. For more information about ServiceTitan, visit www.ServiceTitan.com.
Inc 5000 - Best Places to Work, 2019
Los Angeles Business Journal Best Places to Work, 2018
Los Angeles Business Journal Top 100 Fastest Growing Private Company, 2018
Deloitte Fast 500, 2018
Inc 5000 - Best Places to Work, 2019
Inc. 5000 – America’s Fastest Growing Companies, 2018
Glassdoor/Battery Ventures Highest Rated Cloud Computing Companies, 2018
Mogul Top 1000 Companies Worldwide for Millennial Women 2018
Forbes - Next Billion-Dollar Startup List, 2017
Equal Opportunity Employer
ServiceTitan does not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, age, disability, or genetic information. At ServiceTitan, our mission is to help our Titans and customers achieve the extraordinary. We are an equal opportunity employer and we celebrate the diversity that each Titan brings to the table. We believe that the convergence of fresh, unique perspectives and experiences from all walks of life is what makes our product and culture so great — and there's always room for more.