Greater LA Area
We’re seeking a copywriter with entrepreneurial drive who’s looking to take ownership of the impact great copy, content, and brand voice has on the key metrics of a SaaS business. You’ll join a growing marketing team and focus initially on increasing lead and customer engagement with short-form, long-form, and high-value content across all channels.
In your first month, you’ll complete our internal training to learn our product and customers and work closely with our CEO to deeply understand the intention and empathy behind our unique brand voice. As you adapt your writing to our voice, you’ll take ownership for email marketing, our website, blog, and longer-form content, always writing with the mind of a marketer, considering SEO, conversion, and branding.
After gaining deep product knowledge, you’ll work closely with a lifecycle marketer to create and optimize copy that strategically nudges customers toward important inducement points for feature adoption, upsell, and decreasing churn.
Demonstrate great work, great judgement, and adapt to our unique and high functioning culture that emphasizes personal ownership and you’ll quickly earn a tremendous amount of responsibility, autonomy, and professional opportunity.
- Represent and champion our SimplePractice brand voice
- Audit existing copy to prioritize the biggest opportunities for you to impact key business KPIs
- Work closely with product, support, and marketing channel owners to find creative opportunities for delivering value
- Create and own website copy with a strong drive toward conversion
- Take ownership of blog content with a mind for SEO
- Own email marketing communications for the entire customer lifecycle and iteratively test your copy, especially headlines, subject lines, and CTAs
- Create long-form, high value lead gen content like case studies, testimonials, quizzes, research studies, eBooks, and more
- Take personal ownership of improving critical business KPIs with your copy. e.g. leads, conversion, upsell, and churn
- Periodically lead live customer Q&As to maintain a connection with customers and generate ideas for content opportunities
- Earn the trust of our CEO by working closely with him and asking a lot of questions in order to learn our unique, intentional brand voice
Responsibilities that can be earned
- Opportunity to develop the SimplePractice narrative
- Opportunity to develop a SimplePractice brand voice guide
- Opportunity to train team members on the SimplePractice brand voice
- Opportunity to evolve the information architecture for the website and blog
- 3+ years of copywriting experience
- Have a passion for writing, crafting headlines and copywriting that drives user action
- Must have a self-motivated mindset with the ability to research and understand user behavior and psychology
- Great personal prioritization so that you can manage multiple projects at the same time and turn around copy in short timeframes, when needed
- Health tech or saas experience is preferred but not required
California Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at SimplePractice LLC (“SimplePractice” or “us” or “we” or “our”).
Please note that when you submit your resume or application materials to us for employment purposes, we may collect the following categories of personal information about you:
- Identifiers (e.g., name, address, email address, and phone number); protected characteristics (e.g., sex, gender, age, citizenship, disability status, and veteran status); professional or employment-related information (e.g., employment history, educational background, certificates and licenses, work eligibility information and other information obtained from your resume, cover letter, your responses to our application questions, background check forms, and your references); other personal records (e.g., signature, photograph, and criminal background information); and inferences drawn from personal information collected (e.g., creating a profile that reflects your abilities and aptitudes).
We collect the above categories of personal information for the following business purposes:
- To perform recruitment and hiring services; to manage the workforce; to comply with federal and state laws, and to maintain security (e.g., to detect and prevent against security risks and incidents, to prevent against fraudulent or illegal activity, and to ensure compliance with our company policies and procedures).
Read Full Job Description