The Technical Writer for Software Design Specs will be part of the Software Engineering Function. This team acts to work with engineers to develop and evolve various levels of requirements and design specifications, through communications with the various teams, and reports on progress against the designs.
Ultimately, we will design reliable, scalable, real-time (or near-real time) applications that make Hyperloop One a reality. We are seeking candidates with various levels of experience to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals at our Los Angeles facility.
- Work with engineers to help create software design specifications that are clear and concise.
- Work with a configuration of JIRA for design specifications, linking to other appropriate data sources for requirements.
- Producing daily and weekly reports for design evolution.
- Change management.
- Keep a customer focused mindset, prioritizing developer productivity and application uptime.
- Champion processes and procedures across the organization.
- Help maintain design specifications and requirements repositories with safety critical and safety related systems.
- Previous user of JIRA and able to set configurations and work processes.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct research into issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language and visuals.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with software design specifications and requirements.
- Experience as a software project or product manager.
- Understanding of performance tools, metrics and benchmarks.
- Working proficiency and excellent communication skills in verbal and written English.
- BS or MS Degree in relevant field.
- Certified agile coach, scrum master, or similar.
- Certified project management professional or similar.
- Experience with the IBM Rational tool suite including DOORS.
Hyperloop One is an Equal Employment Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Hyperloop One will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the “Ban the Box” legislation.