Senior SCRUM Master
We are currently hiring for a dynamic and collaborative Senior SCRUM Master!
At Verifi, you will be part of a dynamic environment that supports interdepartmental collaboration, fuels creativity and provides you with an opportunity to take ownership and play an intricate part in our company’s success.
You will work alongside the brightest and most remarkable individuals in the industry and you will have an immediate impact on our aspirations for global domination and disruption of the payments space. And you will do all this, while challenging your career, giving back to the community and creating new friendships.
Join Verifi and you join the leader in the eCommerce marketplace for payment and risk management.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Organize and facilitate daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos and other Scrum-related meetings.
- Work collaboratively with Product Owners, cross-functional development teams, and Technical Managers to support development and data delivery to our customers both internal and external.
- Support teams using a servant leadership style and leading by example. This person should personify Scrum and Agile.
- Assist the Product Owner in user story creation/prioritization and product Backlog grooming via emergent requirement elicitation while supporting overall organizational goals.
- Track and report Scrum team velocity and manage Sprint capacity.
- Manage high-level budgeting and time tracking.
- Guide and Coach both the Scrum Team on how to get the most out of self-organization
- Guide the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment. Escalate blocking impediments accordingly.
- Facilitate discussions, decision making, and conflict resolution. Ability to get the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Coordinate dependencies between teams with other Scrum Masters/Technical Managers.
- Assess the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization.
- Work with Technical managers to manage team capacity.
- Coach the team and stakeholders on Agile/Scrum practices.
- Ensure the development teams are practicing the core agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility.
- Ensure cross-functional coordination (analysts, developers, and testers) is occurring early and often.
- Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information; responsible for creating clear status reporting to leadership
- Create an environment that empowers and energizes team members, with a focus on accountability, adaptability, and collaboration.
- Support 5-7 Scrum teams
You bring to the table your:
- Must have 5+ years of Scrum Master experience
- 7+ years of information technology experience; PM, TM or hands-on experience
- Experience working in environments with different Agile approaches (ie. Scrum, Kanban)
- Experience working with an agile methodology on large scale, technically complex projects; thorough understanding of agile software development methodologies, values, and procedures
- Ability to deal with multiple projects and deadlines; candidate will be responsible for management of more than one scrum team
- Must be self-motivated as well as creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problems
- Data-driven analysis skills for measuring and managing delivery
- Excellent team player with the ability to influence and negotiate
- Ability to understand and communicate technical issues
- Highly adaptable to changing environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills while working with diverse teams and remaining calm under pressure and cognizant of how you are perceived
- Must have situational awareness and intuition with an understanding of when to listen and when to be assertive.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a high attention to detail
- Ability to hold team members accountable, set clear sprint performance standards, resolve sprint performance issues, keep team engaged and on task
- Must be effective and efficient in identifying and proposing
We are located in Los Angeles and offer:
- Dynamic, stimulating and open environment with opportunity for personal development.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- 401k w/ match, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays
- Paid parking and complimentary food
- Socially conscious and community oriented company
- Energized employment filled with activities and events
- Competitive Base Salary, plus bonus, and stock options