Sales Development Representative
If you love to sell, love to win, and want to be a part of revolutionizing the way people pay their bills, then we need your help.
As Sales Development Representative (SDR) at Papaya, you will drive revenue by generating top of funnel sales opportunities. Success in this role means prospecting, building relationships with new partners, and generating demos in a team-focused environment. Experienced managers will support you in reaching your monthly sales goals.
Teamwork, flexibility, communication, and a willingness to learn are of the highest importance. Papaya believes that diversity helps build an inclusive culture where all team members can grow, contribute, and feel valued. If you agree, we’d love to hear from you!
What you would be doing:
- Qualify business leads through cold calls, email, and internet research
- Creatively prospect by listening and learning about the business’ needs
- Assist in onboarding new partners through web demos and phone calls
- Craft creative and engaging messages that generate conversations with promising leads
- Work closely with the Director of Sales and Account Executives to impact the bottom line and strategically create win-win solutions
We’d like to hear from candidates with:
- Drive. You are not afraid of cold calling and are excited to drive meaningful conversations with prospective customers.
- Sales Experience. You’ve executed strategic prospecting - you know how to find the right people and get them interested.
- Strong Communication. Excellent communication, both written and verbally, come naturally to you.
- Curiosity. You have a track record of experimenting, receiving feedback, and learning new things.
- A Bias for Action. You’re results-oriented and and don’t give up easily. You want to grow your sales career at a mission-driven company.
A high standard of integrity and a strong work ethic, paired with effective prioritization and organizational skills are also needed. We’d be especially excited if you have experience cold-calling and cold-emailing. If you have prior knowledge of Salesforce or any other CRM, don’t forget to mention it.
Papaya started in 2016 with a goal to alleviate the stress of paying bills. We’ve adopted our phones for everything else, why not eliminate the need for calls, mailing checks, and tedious web forms? We are expanding mobile share of the $4T US consumer bill space, and are one of the fastest growing startups in Los Angeles.
The key to our success? Our people. From engineering, sales, to operations, Papaya’s team is comprised of some of the most intelligent, humble, diverse, and resourceful people you’ll ever meet. With the help of successful investors including Sequoia Capital, First Round Capital, and Silicon Valley Bank; Papaya is building something special. Our impact-driven team receives competitive salary, benefits, equity, and agency.
We love to celebrate our incredible group of hardworking employees - and it shows. We’re proud to say that we were voted one of Built In LA’s Best Small Companies to Work for in 2020! Learn more and come join us. Find out what the next step in your career could look like here at Papaya.