In-House Sales Executive at Edmunds
At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, millions of visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re Applying For:
The In House Sales Executive will focus on driving new business through customer acquisition. This position involves cold calling new potential clients, client business referrals, or web leads. This person will provide prospective customers/clients with all digital services offered, and additional web presentations as needed. They will work with clients to understand their needs and consult throughout the sales process. They must be energetic, possess strong communication skills and be eager to close sales and increase revenue.
What You’ll Do:
- Cold calling; making multiple outbound calls to potential clients
- Understanding client needs and offering customized solutions to address those specific needs
- Converting leads from digital campaigns, conferences, references, trade shows, etc. into new sales
- Creating and maintaining a list/database of prospect clients
- Presenting and delivering information to potential clients
- Answering potential client questions and follow-up call questions
- Working with field sales team to assist in closing longer sales cycle clients
- Tracking weekly, monthly, and quarterly performance and sales metrics
- Building pipelines with channel partners and team members to close sales
- Maintaining and regularly updating database (Salesforce) of prospective client information
What You Need:
Comfortable making cold calls and talking to new people daily
Excellent oral and written communication skills; the ability to call, connect and interact with potential customers
Persuasive and goal-oriented
Possess an energetic, outgoing, and friendly demeanor
Eager to help expand the company with new sales, clients, and territories
Self-motivated and self-directed
Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
Solid understanding of digital marketing and analytics (i.e. google analytics)
Tenacity to handle rejection and continue on with a positive attitude when reaching the next potential client
Knowledge of the sales process from initiation to close
Ability to work independently or as an active member of a team
Previous experience in Auto industry a huge plus
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal (for the last 6 years!), Computerworld, and Built in LA. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. In fact, our CEO, Avi Steinlauf, was rated as one of Glassdoor's Highest Rated CEOs! If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.