Director Sales Development
About the Company
Since 1915, Deluxe has served as the trusted partner to the global entertainment industry: from the major Hollywood studios to new global content platforms, as well as leading local content producers, broadcasters and distributors around the world.
Our comprehensive offering of creative post-production and digital delivery solutions enables our clients to enhance and maximise the value of their content globally. We provide an end-to-end suite of services unrivalled in breadth, scale and global scope: high-end audio and visual post production for television and film; content management; content marketing; content localisation; and IP-based global distribution.
Deluxe is a c. $1billion Los Angeles-based company with operations in over 25 countries around the world. Whilst the International business of Deluxe comprises less than half of the revenue of the business today, we expect this share to increase substantially as we lead the international growth agenda for the business.
Deluxe is a best-in-class employer, with over 8,000 of the most respected technologists and artists in the industry. We foster a culture of ingenuity, passion and collaboration to support our clients and our people, in all their endeavours. Our company values follow.
We currently have an opening for a Director Sales Development. This position will be located in Burbank, CA.
Be Pioneers: We innovate and push for boundless creativity through curiosity.
Pursue Diversity: Different views and experiences are advantages. Our global presence gives us perspectives that drive better business.
Act with Integrity: We are honest and forthright in our dealings. Building trust builds a better company.
Take Ownership: We are accountable for ourselves, our colleagues, our clients and our company.
Collaborate: Together we are stronger. We deliver more success through shared goals and mutual support.
Exceed Expectations: We understand our colleagues’ and clients’ needs and always exceed expectations.
Context & Structure
The role is part of the world-wide commercial operation which supports the global distribution business of Deluxe.
The Deluxe Commercial team brings together the strengths of the Marketing, Business Development, Sales and Account Management global teams. The Director – Sales Development role is based in Burbank, managing a global team and sits within the Sales function and reports to the EVP Sales also based in Burbank.
Main purpose of the position:
The Director - Sales Development will be responsible for developing leads, opportunities and pipeline in the Deluxe the global media supply chain and distribution business. Working with Studios, Distributors, Broadcasters and Platforms the main objective will be to maximise the sales opportunities across the whole Deluxe distribution solutions and services portfolio enabling the field sales and technical teams to work from a fully qualified pipeline and ultimately achieve sales targets.
The Director – Sales Development will be a key contributor to the elaboration of the sales strategy and tactics to achieve Deluxe ambitions in the region. As well as leading the team this role will be expected to lead and own their opportunities from conception/joint business foundation, through to deal closing & concluding contract negotiations.
- Establish and drive global business development activities to generate new sales leads, building a pipeline of opportunities in line with Deluxe sales strategy and profitability targets
- Establish sales strategies, structures and tactics to generate and qualify leads. Develop negotiation strategies and tactics for the entire engagement of the team
- Establish, drive and coach the global team to work under common sales processes and makes sure the leads being pursued are contributing to Deluxe objectives and sales targets.
- Identify, engage and partner with all decision makers and stakeholders as required throughout the sales lifecycle, to include C-level/senior decision makers internally and within the industry in order to leverage as required.
- Proactively work with Marketing to develop campaigns and events to support sales initiatives.
- Work collaboratively in the senior commercial team to ensure there is a co-ordinated approach to exceeding Deluxe revenue targets
- Provide visibility on the business via accurate reporting. Create and track sales forecast and sales pipeline using Salesforce.
- Act as Deluxe ambassador to industry events
- Work closely with the pre sales and product organisations and engage with colleagues from around the world to ensure the international sales development strategy and actions align to global strategies.
- Work will all Deluxe stake-holders are required, e.g. Senior Management, Sales Operations, Legal, Marketing, Account Management, Product Development teams in order to maximise business
Skills and experience
- Bachelor degree in related field or equivalent experience
- 5 - 10 years of Broadcast and Media sales/sales development experience within a global market especially around media supply chain and distribution. Exposure to European markets will be an advantage
- Experience in software/ hardware vendor, a service provider to Broadcasters and TV platforms would be an advantage
- Proven track record of 6 digit minimum deals closed with Tier 1 companies
- Solid network of contacts within the broadcast and media industry
- Self-starter attitude with entrepreneur mindset
- Strong leader of global teams who has a track record of establishing and developing new teams, structures, processes and workflows and is comfortable to work in a hands-on capacity when required
- Natural, consultative approach to leadership, sales and influencing others
- Strong presentation skills both in creating and delivering presentations and proposals to customers
- Good degree of numeracy and understanding of financial metrics and performance
- Team work & collaboration skills
- Flexible and open to change, new ideas, and concepts. Is responsive to the needs of internal and external stakeholders at all times
- Uses professional concepts and company policies to solve a wide range of difficult problems in imaginative and practical ways
- Self-starter, able to find answers and solve problems independently
- Works positively and pro-actively with wider Commercial team to fully contribute to the exceeding of sales targets
We offer competitive pay and benefits program including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
Deluxe’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.