Director of Location Partnerships at Happy Returns
Happy Returns provides comprehensive return solutions for the world's leading online and omnichannel retailers and their customers. With Happy Returns' Full Stack Returns, retailers offer customers a best-in-class branded online return and exchange flow as well as the maximum flexibility for returning purchases. Shoppers enjoy multiple ways to return: in-person via Happy Returns' nationwide network of 350+ Return Bar locations, through the retailers' own stores, or by carrier. Happy Returns provides aggregated shipping and logistics across all channels with optimized disposition to destinations of the retailers' choice; all with comprehensive reporting and analytics. The result is a world class experience for customers (NPS® of 94) with maximum value for retailers and lower impact on the environment.
Happy Returns is based in Santa Monica, California and our investors include USVP, Upfront Ventures, and Lowercase Capital. Come join our dedicated, fast-growing team and help us transform online shopping by making returns beautiful!
The Director of Location Partnerships will lead our efforts to build and manage a large and diversified Return Bar network. You will own our network growth objectives by prospecting, onboarding and managing new location partners. This is a challenging, high visibility role that requires a variety of skills both as an individual contributor and as the manager of the Location Partnerships team, including sourcing new partners, negotiating contracts, cultivating relationships, and navigating large organizations.
The Director of Location Partnerships will:
- Identify, prospect, pitch and secure new location partners, including national retail chains, commercial real estate owners and multi-family portfolios
- Navigate large organizations to identify key decision makers and explain our value proposition, evangelizing Happy Returns and converting skeptics into true believers
- Negotiate agreements and manage timelines
- Nurture partner relationships and actively report performance metrics
- Manage a dedicated team of 2-4 employees
- Work cross-functionally with Operations, Training, Finance and Marketing
- Travel, up to 50% of the time
- Report to the CEO
We are looking for someone with:
- Relentless hustle • 8+ years of sales, business development, or other customer facing experience
- Demonstrated success masterfully negotiating, building rapport, and closing deals
- The ability to think strategically and prioritize targets based on potential value
- Strong people management skills – both internally (your team) and externally (with partners)
- Drive and creativity – you are results oriented and able to achieve results through innovative means
- Detail-orientation; you stay organized and are constantly refining your task management processes
- Strong communication & presentation skills, high energy, and a positive attitude
- The ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced environment
Compensation for this position includes competitive pay and comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and paid vacation. We are looking for someone who loves a challenge and wants to participate in the upside opportunity of this large underserved market.
We believe we work more productively, and our jobs are more enjoyable, when our team includes members with a diversity of backgrounds and life experiences. We take all reasonable steps to seek out candidates with diverse experience and ensure our work environment is welcoming and respectful for everyone on our team.