Director Business Development, Verity at GumGum
GumGum’s Director Business Development, Verity is tasked with developing partnerships with client brands, agencies, DSPs, SSPs, and other ad tech platforms that can leverage our new contextual and brand safety data offering, Verity. The role is responsible for leveraging internal teams (such as marketing and product) to drive sales interest and develop a pipeline of growth opportunities while ultimately working to grow Verity customers as a new revenue stream.
This role is responsible for driving significant business impact by representing cutting-edge AI technology in the US market while working with an ambitious and excited cross functional team. The role will initially report directly to the CEO but will eventually find its home in our Sales Organization.
- Develop a pipeline of Growth Opportunities for Verity
- Identify key opportunities, decision makers, and influencers within brands, agencies, DSPs, SSPs, and other ad tech platforms.
- Form new business partnerships that drive future growth, product expansion, and profitability for GumGum’s contextual and brand safety data business, Verity.
- Negotiate contract terms with clients and communicate terms to stakeholders.
- Work with internal teams to collaborate on market offering to meet client needs/demands
- Work with senior leadership to develop and own go-to-market strategy for our contextual data offering, informing product positioning as needed while driving sales enablement.
- Deliver feedback from the field to GumGum’s product team to inform product roadmap and new initiatives.
- Act as an expert for machine learning and AI tools for contextual advertising
- Educate clients at multiple levels within each partner organization on benefits and activation of GumGum’s solutions.
- Become a subject matter expert on contextual, brand safety/suitability data, how AI and machine learning are leveraged, and remain up-to-date on industry news.
- Find opportunities to publicly speak on Verity and the way it solves difficult market problems
- Desirable for candidates to have bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Advertising or equivalent experience building foundational knowledge of digital advertising and marketing.
- Demonstrated achievement in B2B sales and partnerships.
- 5+ years sales, sales support, or business development experience working with advertising agencies, publishers, or digital media providers (DSPs, DMPs, API Partners). Know who the influential decision makers are and how to get their attention.
- Developed relationships with key advertising decision makers over their career.
- Experience developing and driving product positioning and setting up sales structures that deliver on business outcomes.
- Knowledge of and fluent in performance marketing and contextual advertising.
- Ability to negotiate and execute strategic initiatives in the media and advertising technology space with Fortune 500 companies.
- Strong verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills; comfortable presenting to executive teams and key stakeholders.
- Proficiency in GSuite tools including Google Sheets, Google Docs, Google Slides
- Ability to act as an evangelist for the product in market, capturing the hearts and minds of influential decision makers
- A passion to solve market problems using technology and cutting edge machine learning
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively. Comfortable relying on team members to answer technical or complex issues
- Comfortable with ambiguity and be agile to change direction as priorities move rapidly
- Able to catch the vision and direction of the product and pragmatically execute to deliver results
- Integrity and emotional intelligence: will need to create relationships with and influence a wide range of internal teams, always acting with the best interest of the company in mind, and handling sensitive/confidential information
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive health, vision and dental benefits
- Healthcare including 100% coverage for Employer + Spouse/family
- Dependent care FSA
- Employer-matched 401(k) plan
- Stock incentive program (role dependent)
- Paid parental leave
- Goodly - student loan contribution plan
- WFH monthly stipend
- Fitness reimbursement and wellness workshops
- Discounted Pet Health Program
- Flexible time off and work schedule
- Stocked kitchen & Everytable Smartfridge
- Dog-friendly HQ office - we love our fur babies!
- Incredible work/life balance with a collaborative and friendly work space
- GumGum Gives Back volunteering opportunities
- Team building lunches and events, and monthly company celebrations
- Virtual monthly team bonding events
Career & Development Focus
- Ongoing learning and development for education opportunities such as webinars, books, classes, relevant conferences and events
- Opportunities to pursue business related side projects and yearly Hackathon
- Highly encouraged to contribute to open source software, including our own open source software
- Environment of learning from peers, including meetups, presentations and blog posts
- Anniversary recognition and awards
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology
- Life Skills sessions - geared towards the whole life/ health / person
- Leadership Bites Dinner Series - connecting current and future GumGum leaders over great food and meaningful conversation
- Stride - our company council committee to share learnings, give updates and provide feedback to the company regarding initiatives and discussions around diversity, inclusion and equity.
We invite you to learn more about GumGum!
GumGum is an AI company with expertise in computer vision built on the imagination of its people. Each day, our talented team of thinkers and doers comes together to solve hard problems on behalf of the world’s most successful businesses. Through a combination of computer science, creativity and hustle, we’ve produced a series of major technology breakthroughs across a variety of industries - from advertising to sports.
GumGum is constantly evolving to be at the forefront of computer vision and machine learning advancements. With nearly 10 years experience, we use our proprietary image recognition technology to deliver highly engaging, contextually relevant ad experiences across premium publishers all over the world.
Our Products & Services...
Our Advertising business serves contextual marketing messages in line with content users are actively engaged with.
Verity, GumGum's contextual analysis tool, combines natural language processing with computer vision technology to execute a multi-layered reading process by parsing the body text, headlines, image captions with natural language processing; at the same time, using computer vision to parse the main visuals.
Our Sports business helps marketers and rights holders understand the full media value of their sponsorship investments across broadcast and social media. And we deliver on brand safety by leveraging our AI to detect unsafe text and imagery, allowing us to deliver ads in brand safe, contextually relevant environments.
What’s a Hackathon? We’re glad you asked. Our employees split into teams and spend 48 hours ‘hacking’ together before presenting their ideas to our executive team. It’s a chance for anyone within our company to showcase the visions they want to bring to fruition.
GumGum recently earned LA’s Best Places to Work Award, and Inc. Magazine’s Best Places to Work and it’s no surprise why. With company-sponsored social hours, annual holiday celebrations and on-site gatherings, GumGummers enjoy a fun, creative and collaborative workplace. We provide ourselves on our strong track record of giving employees the autonomy and support they need to succeed. Check us out on Instagram: @gumgum
Oh, and doggies...
We love our dogs so much, we even have an Instagram dedicated to them! Follow us: @dogsofgumgum
Leaders: How to make priority a self care - featuring GumGum CEO
Contextual Wins - a Message from our CEO
BuiltInLA Best Places to work 2020
Inc. Magazine Best Places to Work 2020
Celebrating National Hispanic Heritage Month
Front Office Sports - Rising 25 members
GumGum x Ad Council Partnership - Love has no labels
GumGum Women in Tech Panel - Living a Balanced Life
Women of GumGum Around the World
GumGum Sports - Sizzle Reel - 2019 (EMEA)