Account Executive, GumGum Sports (E-Sports) at GumGum
Sports teams sell hundreds of millions of dollars each in sponsorships every year, with brands investing upwards of tens of millions or more across the globe. As the esports industry has blossomed, $200M in sponsorship revenue is sitting on the table to be claimed. In a world that is now driven by analytics, there is more scrutiny than ever in where every dollar is spent and what return on investment looks like.
GumGum Sports is an AI-Powered Sponsorship Measurement Platform that analyzes the earned media value that brands generate from their sponsorships across broadcast TV, social media and streaming platforms. Leveraging computer vision technology, we provide the most comprehensive, automated, and accurate measurement software to value sponsorships. Sports & esports teams can provide a 360º view of how their sponsors get value across every digital medium, and sponsors can measure who drives their highest return on investment.
The ideal candidate will be a hands-on, data-driven, articulate sales professional with a strong background in esports & gaming, particularly for a B2B software company. We’re looking for people with a growth mindset and pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future.
- Demonstrate the value of GumGum Sports to esports & gaming client prospects and quickly understand how our platform can help alleviate their biggest pain points
- Drive revenue and new business from esports teams, brands, tournament organizers and more within the gaming space, with the expectation to generate a high volume of sales related activity including cold calling, presentations, RFP’s, and more
- Identify and qualify opportunities from marketing-driven leads
- Manage and maintain a pipeline of opportunities and keeping it up to date on the company CRM system
- Provide market insight into the esports sponsorship ecosystem and what the biggest pain points are for potential esports clients.
- Cultivate relationships with potential esports clients to gain deep insight into their business and ultimately provide solutions for their Sponsorship management and ROI goals
- Provide feedback to the company on how to best service clients’ needs
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of field sales experience preferred with an emphasis on esports, gaming or gaming related technology.
- Proven ability to independently manage, develop, and close new client relationships
- Experience hitting quota of $1M+ of ARR per year and experience on averaging 8+ face to face meetings per week
- A track record of success in driving consistent activity, pipeline development and quota achievement
- Experience determining customer requirements and presenting appropriate solutions
- Deliver accurate forecasting, pipeline management and campaign nurturing within SFDC
- Proactive, independent thinker with high energy/positive attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, and relationship management skills
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced startup environment
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, and positive attitude with a passion for building customer relationships and closing new business opportunities
- Possess the confidence and ability to negotiate and close agreements with Clients and support new customers through our on-boarding process
- Driven to exceed performance objectives.
- Excited about being positioned right in the middle of an ever-changing sports sponsorship marketplace and to develop and maintain a highly desired knowledge of GumGum’s solutions
- Demonstrated understanding of how sponsorships are sold, priced, and managed in the esports industry.
- Familiar with solution-based approach to selling with experience managing a complex sales process
- Possess excellent presentation and listening skills, organization and contact management capabilities
- Entrepreneurial business savvy, comfortable to contribute & operate within a start-up environment
- Flexible, adaptive, and resilient
- Esports or broader game industry experience a MAJOR plus
*Please note that we are not currently accepting candidates from recruiting agencies or 3rd parties.*
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive health, vision and dental benefits
- Healthcare and dependent care FSA
- Employer-matched 401(k) plan
- Stock incentive program
- Paid parental leave
- Fitness reimbursement and wellness workshops
- Discounted Pet Health Program
- Flexible time off and work schedule
- Commuter perks
- Incredible work/life balance with a collaborative and friendly work space
- GumGum Gives Back volunteering opportunities
- Team building lunches and events, and monthly company celebrations
Career & Personal Development Focus
- Ongoing learning and development for education opportunities such as webinars, books, classes, relevant conferences and events
- Opportunities to pursue business related side projects and yearly Hackathon
- Highly encouraged to contribute to open source software, including our own open source software
- Environment of learning from peers, including meetups, presentations and blog posts
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology
- Life Skills sessions - geared towards the whole life/health/person
- Leadership Bites Dinner Series - connecting current and future GumGum leaders over great food and meaningful conversation