VP of Quality & Food Safety at Your Super
Your Super is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new team members, in addition to current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
YOUR SUPER IS GROWING!
We’re a fun-first and fast-moving B Corp. startup with offices based in Venice, CA (HQ) and Berlin. Our mission is to improve people’s lives with the power of (Super) plants. Our culture is to be innovative in thought along with carrying a whatever-it-takes attitude; but we expect you to have fun while improving both us and yourself. We’re a mission-driven environment where helping our teammates across the organization, no matter the task, is not out of the ordinary. While our core values will never change, our environment is ever-changing - and so should you with your versatile approach to our initiatives as we grow. We hope working here will inspire you to be a champion of leading a healthier lifestyle. As a benefit, we’re making sure our employees are always trying our most popular and new creations, including our recently-released superfood bars and other exciting projects on the way!
After closing our US Series B financing in 2020, we’re excited to scale the business even more in 2021! From 7 employees to 70+, we’re excited to add this opportunity to our community, as it comes with the chance to be a crucial part of our future growth and success.
Are you ready to inspire the world to live a healthier and happier life?
- Lead a team focused on continuous improvement, process controls, performance metrics, and customer complaint resolution
- Liaison with co-manufacturing/3PL partners, ensuring Your Super's own quality standards and managing audits
- Manage documentation internally along with external partners and suppliers, while keeping Your Super's certifications up-to-date
- Serve as both internal & external point of contact for all QA/QC related issues
- Identify quality issues and effectively communicate mission-critical findings to senior management with the customer always in mind
- Set QA/QC Customer Experience standards, including advising directly on complex issues
- Lead in regulator compliance, identifying ingredient regulatory standards for food components
- 12+ years of experience in food quality assurance/quality control in an innovative environment
- 5+ years of experience within a private-label brand
- Bachelors degree in Nutrition, Food Science, Chemistry, Engineering preferred; or relevant degrees/work experience
- Required knowledge in 21 CFR 117
- Experience in a eCommerce food/pharmaceutical industry preferred
- Knowledge of co-manufacturing operations in highly-certified environments (Organic, Non-GMO, Gluten-Free, etc.)
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Dog-friendly office
- Bi-annual company retreat
- Class Pass Membership
- Internal Referral Program