As the senior leader of our Engineering Project Management Office (EPMO) and a core member of our engineering leadership team, you are responsible for VHO’s overall project and program management function and team that provides strategic leadership, coordination, and direction for all EPMO processes and objectives. You will oversee a team of Project Managers and Project Coordinators.
- Collaborate with engineering leadership to develop project milestones, schedules, and risk analyses and manage the inevitable change over the lifecycle of a project
- Develop, implement, and oversee VHO’s program portfolio, while strategically aligning best practices, processes, objectives and goals for the entire Program Office.
- Exercise technical leadership to keep goals for programs, projects, and products realistic and attainable within a given timeline
- Create and manage the workflow, forecast, budget, plans, programs, schedules, and anything additional to create operational efficiencies
- Develop reports to track planning, scheduling, issues, risks and overall status
- Coach, mentor, motivate, and lead EPMO team members
- Champion organizational initiatives and make a positive impact on our culture
- Oversee the creation of new processes and tools as necessary to support additional needs and requirements of a fast-growing business
- Review VHO’s objectives and PMO strategy, cost, spend, resources, quality, and return on investments to ensure performance aligns with the Engineering Program goals.
- Other projects as assigned
- You’re highly adaptable and solution-oriented, managing multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- You lead with vision, plan with foresight, execute with precision, and handle change with grace
- You’re an excellent collaborator at all levels
- You have compelling spoken and written communication skills – including listening skills – and you present complex technical information clearly and concisely to varying audiences
- You bring a high level of energy and a positive outlook with the passion to make things better at every opportunity
- You’re knowledgeable about technology and able to identify dependencies across teams
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Experience leading teams in a rapid development environment
- Progressive work experience as a technical project manager deploying multiple project delivery methodologies (such as Agile, Scrum, Waterfall, Kanban, CPM, PRINCE2, and hybrids)
- Complex project delivery for hardware and software product development programs
- Experience generating project/program reports and schedules for executive management on complex engineering projects
- Experience developing processes and procedures for the PMO space.
- Key experience in developing performance metrics which help assess program and project performance.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field or equivalent work experience
- Proven track record of successful project execution within a Scaled Agile framework
- PMP, CSM, PMI-ACP or equivalent certification
Hyperloop One is an Equal Employment Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Hyperloop One will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the “Ban the Box” legislation. We may access publicly available information as part of your application. For full information on how your personal information will be stored and processed, please click here.
To all recruitment agencies: Virgin Hyperloop One does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Virgin Hyperloop One employees or any other company location. Virgin Hyperloop One is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description