Team and Role Overview
Our multi-disciplined engineering teams at Relativity are growing rapidly toward first flight and beyond. In order to execute on the advantages of additive manufacturing, we need strong technical leaders and project managers. The Propulsion Technical Project manager will be key to ensuring the Propulsion team is aligned, responsive, and is operating to the high standards needed to achieve Relativity’s ambitious goals.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives:
You will provide technical and programmatic support and leadership toward the development of propulsion systems, and will be an integral and strategic advisor to the Propulsion leadership team. You will report to the Director of Propulsion and will work cross-functionally with our engineering teams to help identify and meet our tactical and strategic milestones, develop project schedules, assess and mitigate risks, and clearly communicate progress. The scope of the role is large but will frequently involve deep technical dives.
The ideal candidate is curious, driven, analytical, enjoys relentless ownership, and has a bias toward action. You have the ability to build strong relationships and the ability to influence outcomes. You will have to deeply understand complicated problems and communicate them to multidisciplinary teams, as well as the executive team, so clear thinking and strong communication skills are important. Experience in a fast paced aerospace environment where you have completed difficult projects while collaborating effectively with other key groups is highly desired.
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
In order to be successful in this role, you should have the following:
- 3+ years of experience in a technical/engineering heavy role, or a technical project leadership role
- An undergraduate or graduate degree in engineering or related field
- Strong fluid, thermal, and structural fundamentals
- Mentorship experience
Preferred Skills and Competencies:
- Experience working with interdisciplinary teams in a leadership capacity
- Experience with liquid pump-fed engine development and testing
- Management experience including recruiting, hiring, and performance management
- Strong drive to deliver on ambitious schedules
- Clear evidence of ownership from work experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.