Technical Project Manager at WELL Health, Inc.
WELL is a patient communication infrastructure for healthcare. We enable enterprise health systems, private practices, and vendors to conduct seamless conversations with patients across multiple channels — including texting, email, telephone, and live chat.
With WELL, patients receive all of their healthcare communication from one trusted source — their provider. The platform empowers service representatives to converse with patients in real time, ensuring patients feel heard while driving staff efficiency and increased revenue.
Founded in 2015, WELL is based in Santa Barbara, California and is the highest rated patient engagement software on G2. WELL serves many of the country’s leading health systems and more than 20 million patients.
WELL is honored to be ranked number 170 on the 2020 Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies. WELL is also proud to have been named one of the 2020 Central Coast Best Places to Work by the Pacific Coast Business Times, and one of the 2020 Best Places to Work in Healthcare by Modern Healthcare. To learn more about WELL, please visit our LinkedIn.
Behind the scenes, health systems have hundreds (and sometimes thousands) of different systems that must communicate with one another. At WELL, we connect with the systems in the hospital that need to communicate to patients; the team responsible for doing so is our Integration team.
WELL is looking for a talented Technical Project Manager to join the Integration Engineering team. You will work directly alongside a team of Integration and Platform Engineers as well as project managers under the direction of our Director of Integrations. We are looking for an individual that enjoys understanding the technical details while remaining focused on guiding clients through the implementation process of technical features and integrations. Our team is passionate about optimizing our deployment processes and ensuring our customers have a great experience with our technical teams.
As a member of this team you will:
- Scope and deploy new integrations with clients
- Scope and deploy leading product features
- Improve and create process that allows the team to operate more effectively
- Leverage our integration engine and cloud platform to investigate, diagnose, and solve customer integration issues.
- Assist in monitoring the health of the integration platform, proactively working to remediate problems that will impact system performance, message delivery, or availability.
- Effectively communicate technical issues with clients in non-technical language.
- Bring Mid-Market and Enterprise client integrations live. Includes scoping, testing, and deploying integrations to our clients.
- Work with Integration Engineers to ensure customer scope and business needs are met by the developed integration.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years of experience in a client-facing technical role
- 1+ years of experience with HL7v2, FHIR, and other common standards of healthcare system data exchange solutions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and logical reasoning skills
- A passion for managing data and connecting systems
- Experience with the Mirth Integration Engine or another Integration Engine
- Experience using SQL and/or and object-oriented programming language
WELL is headquartered in Santa Barbara, CA. As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic and to prioritize the health of our employees, all WELL positions are temporarily remote. We are looking forward to when our company returns to in-office work at or around June 2021. For this role, we are open to candidates that would be interested in working full-time out of our headquarters when we return to in-office work, or those that are already located within the United States and seeking a permanently remote position.
PERKS AND BENEFITS
Fantastic company culture – frequent Zoom company events (Lunch & Learns, trivia, yoga, etc.) and daily fun brought to you by many creative Slack channels.
Workplace groups – company committees available for all to join (Diversity & Inclusion and Workplace Engagement).
Learning and development – frequent events and tools available to help our employees #PursueGrowth.
Career mobility – we promote from within and have opportunities for employees to transfer between teams.
Santa Barbara office perks: dog-friendly office, healthy (and unhealthy snacks), Kombucha on tap, light-filled space, Sonos workplace, standing desks, and the occasional taco truck.
MacBook Pro provided
Generous equity package
Full health benefits – medical/dental/vision
WELL Health Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fair and equitable hiring practices. All hiring decisions at WELL are based on strategic business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. All candidates are considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexuality, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other protected status.
We’re dedicated to creating an inclusive, equitable, and diverse workplace, where everyone feels safe to be themselves and diversity is a strength. WELL is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment; WELL will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind.