Technical Project Manager
strategic project execution. The TPM manages the launch of innovative programs aimed at improving the
efficiency and lowering the cost of iHerb distribution centers and hubs. This position is responsible for
coordination, communication, risk management and for serving as liaison between DC Ops, Engineering,
Contractors and IT. This role requires the ability to build relationships and hold others accountable while
maintaining forward motion.
● Build, maintain, and communicate plans
● Track deliverables, milestones, risks and dependencies.
● Anticipate bottlenecks, explore contingencies and provide escalation management.
● Establish and develop relationships with DC Ops, communicate plans and utilize these
relationships to develop strategic partnerships throughout launch.
● Leverage operations background to ensure meaningful goals are delivered.
● Hold regular PM Meetings with Executive Management and coordinate stakeholder support for
● Coordinate staff for in DCs and Engineering as well as efforts of Contractors and Partners.
● Organize cross functional launch retrospectives to incorporate lessons learned to constantly
improve outcomes and develop staff.
The duties and responsibilities described above may provide only a partial description of this position.
This is not an exhaustive list of all aspects of the job. Other duties and responsibilities not outlined in this
document may be added as necessary or desirable, with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
● Experience managing complex technology product launches with aggressive schedules and
● Understanding of warehouse operations and logistics.
● Executive presence and ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical
● Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to motivate and influence teams
outside of your direct purview.
● Strong data analytical skills and proven experience developing and using tools to analyze large
data sets to drive decisions.
● Experience with cross geographical project coordination and management
● Proven problem solving skills.
● Strong organizational skills.
● Willingness to travel 25%
● Understanding of Distribution Centers
Generally requires a minimum of 3 years running complex software and hardware projects as well as 1
year of operations management within eCommerce distribution center