Technical Project Manager
Safer Students. Better Learning. At GoGuardian our software is revolutionizing K-12 education by helping teachers and students tap the educational power of the internet in safe and inspiring ways. As the only solution in its space built exclusively by, for, and with educators, it's easy to see why GoGuardian was just named Inc. 500's fastest growing Education company and 5th fastest growing Software company.
Based in our El Segundo, CA office, the Delivery Lead, Technical Project Manager is responsible for taking solutions from design to in market launch. This highly visible position will be an integral member of the team in refining, prioritizing, and communicating solutions leveraging industry leading cloud, predictive analytics, and machine learning technologies in high transaction volume environments. Leadership, team building, communication, and coaching skills will be instrumental in fostering Agile practices and building strong relationships with stakeholders across the organization.
- Work with product managers and executives to prioritize projects across the organization based on company goals and objectives.
- Manage delivery of projects through the full lifecycle from design to roll out, marketing, sales and production support.
- Exhibit a solid understanding of application of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology, including requirements definition, UI/UX design, architectural design, stakeholder feedback, development, and deployment.
- Resolve blockers across the organization to facilitate successful delivery.
- Lead a cross-functional team in a matrixed organization for successful, on-time delivery.
- Negotiate scope and priorities with key stakeholders.
- Think out-of-the-box in optimizing delivery practices, resources, and key performance factors to ensure successful delivery.
- Work with line managers in optimizing team and individual efficiency and performance.
- Act as point person for escalation and prioritization of team’s work.
- Demonstrate ability to prioritize, manage, and deliver multiple concurrent projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Possess expert knowledge of Agile, Scrum, Kanban, Waterfall, and iterative project management methodologies.
- Coach scrum teams and facilitate scrum ceremonies.
- Ability to work independently and quickly adapt to emergent requirements and changing priorities.
- Strong interpersonal and proactive problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Minimum of 3 years managing product delivery in an agile environment.
- Minimum of 2 years managing product delivery using Scrum, Kanban, and Jira.
- Scrum Master certification (CSM or above) required.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent related experience required.
- Desired experience in managing NIST security compliance
- Recent software development experience highly desired.
- PgMP or PMP certification from the PMI desired.
- Prior EdTech experience
GoGuardian is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. GoGuardian does not discriminate against employees, applicants, interns, or volunteers on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, registered domestic partner status, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Read Full Job Description