Technical Project Manager
Akido Labs is looking for a technical project manager to join our team in Downtown Los Angeles. We’re a Y Combinator backed company leading the transformation of major healthcare and government institutions to become modern, data-driven organizations. We believe that by building and connecting these data networks, allowing for the free flow of information, we will create the more equitable and rational world we envision. A few recent Akido deployments include developing a system to support a nation-wide disaster preparedness network, improving health outcomes by driving positive patient behavior at one of the nation’s largest health systems and combatting homelessness at ground zero in Los Angeles. If projects like these excite you, we'd love for you to join us.
Akido is a dynamic team doing big things. We care deeply about the work we do, and about how that work furthers our vision of a world in which data can be leveraged into effective action. We learn from each other, everyone’s opinion is valued, and we enjoy a dynamic, collaborative approach to developing our product. We constantly invest in the personal growth of our employees, providing opportunities to expand within the organization and pursue personal interests.
Engineering at Akido is optimized for change as we are constantly faced with new challenges. We build new solutions with our clients, use them as a testing ground to perfect the feature set and then begin another solution while improving and scaling already deployed products. On the one hand, this means that comfort with deadlines and ability to ship are essential. On the other hand, it means that we have an endless supply of interesting problems and technical greenfields.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Communicate equally well with the business, product, and engineering members of the team
- Manage multiple projects in a fast-paced work environment
- Coordinate with a wide variety of team members while maintaining project velocity
- Distill product requirements from product owners into implementable user stories
- Identify and mitigate project risks
- Develop, improve, maintain internal management processes
Qualifications and Skills
- 2+ years of managing full life-cycle software development projects
- Experience with a variety of software development processes (Agile/Scrum, Waterfall, Kanban)
- Experience with project management software such as Pivotal Tracker and Asana
- Passion for launching projects on-time
- Incredible attention to detail and process driven
- Strong grasp of UI/UX fundamentals
- Familiarity with software development technology and methodologies
- Four-year undergraduate degree from an accredited institution