WANTED! — A technical project management expert who’s passionate about continuous improvement of self, team, and process. Are you that somebody?
The Technical Project Manager will work closely with our digital designers and software engineers to create clear project scopes while anticipating day to day needs. You’ll be helping to shape the entire mobile and web experience for multibillion dollar consumer facing projects across a broad range of industry segments while working with a diverse set of clients. This role requires accurate and effective communication, a good dose of creative and resourceful problem solving with cross-functional teams throughout all levels the organization.
Cie Digital Labs’ Project Management team is composed of members with a variety of skills and expertise. We are young in heart and spirit, and thrive off of interpersonal interactions. You will work collectively as a team, tackling day to day challenges to keep things on track, serving a critical role as part of the Cie Digital Lab’s innovation engine.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Provide oversight. Manage all aspects of projects operating under different methodologies (primarily Scrum and Kanban).
Analyze. Track tasks, team decisions, outstanding issues, risk assessments and mitigation strategies.
Identify variances. Manage and report discrepancies in project scope, schedule, budget, and understand how to rebalance resources and priorities to achieve successful project completion on time and on budget.
Flex your strategy. You’ll work with a variety people and teams and your communication strategies should be tailored to your audience, what they need to know, and how they’ll process the information best.
Master the details. Be thorough in documenting and following up on team decisions, issues, and action items.
Juggle curveballs. Projects are full of unknowns and you’ll have to identify and work through potential dependencies and novel challenges.
Be a controller. Know where your project is at every step to make sure that your team is set up for success.
Be a partner. Our external business teams will look to you to minimize fires, translate technical language, and provide project updates every step of the way.
Master documentation. Create Project Plans, User Stories, SOWs, Status Reports, and Budgets.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED:
- Speak geek. You’ll need to understand what it takes to build digital software and mobile applications. Know how to work with developers through technical challenges and dependencies.
- Save the date. Whether Gantt, Scrum or Kanban, you need to know how to put together a schedule and work with the team to produce their best work.
- Speed and stability. Be ready to move at start-up speed while maintaining enterprise level stability across your project portfolio.
- Numbers are your best friend. You need to have an understanding of how to keep tallies on your budget and know how to forecast based on cost trends, making adjustments where needed.
- Teamwork = Dream Work. You need to know how to bring out your team’s best work.
- Creative problem solving. We value every team members skills, experiences, and input to solve problems collectively.
- Less is more. Come up with elegant and efficient solutions to challenging problems.
- Multitasking. Know how to prioritize your own work and that of the team while working on multiple deliverables simultaneously.
- Communication is key. Express yourself in written and oral format clearly and concisely and know how to present yourself effectively to both internal and external facing customers.
- You can’t fake passion. Professionalism comes first but know how to have fun in between. Leave passion and positivity in your wake everywhere you go.
- College experience. We’re looking for someone with a Bachelor’s Degree or higher.
- 5+ years of experience working with clients and teams to build complex software and applications.
MORE ABOUT CIE DIGITAL LABS:
The Cie Digital Labs’ team is made up of fun, bright, independent, self-motivated, and experienced people who have a passion for building disruptive technology. We offer a full suite of benefits and perks in addition to a competitive compensation package. We let our employees take command of their own destiny and collectively, we are able to create once-in-a-lifetime opportunities out of nothing. Stay connected with us! https://www.linkedin.com/company/cie-digital-labs