Technical Project Manager (Software) at Relativity Space
Relativity is the first and only company to automate aerospace manufacturing by integrating intelligent robotics, software, and proprietary metal 3D printing technology. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace, Relativity offers a radically simplified supply chain, building a rocket with 100x fewer parts in less than 60 days. Our long-term goal is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
You get to help plan and drive progress for the software teams that are helping to build the world’s first 3D printed rocket. Our software is at the core of all aspects of our company, from printing the parts, testing them, and ultimately controlling them on from launch pad to orbit. As a TPM in our Integrated Software org, you will help set the project roadmaps, manage priorities, and communicate progress to the company.
What you’ll do:
- Project plans and milestone deliverables for flight software and ground software
- Coordination with hardware project managers to understand integration points and dependencies
- Manage software schedules and how they interact with overall program needs
- Communicate successes, slips and challenges to our leadership team
What you need to know:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other related technical field and 3+ years of experience in software development
- 2+ years of experience in project management
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate complex systems involving hardware and software interaction
- Experience with project management tools like Smartsheet, MS Project, or comparable
Nice to haves but not required:
- 5+ years of project management experience
- Experience working with software teams that are developing in C, C++, Python, or other similar languages
- Experience guiding resolution of blockers or helping to find workarounds to critical issues.
- Experience building schedules
- Prior work on a launch vehicle or spacecraft
- Experience in a startup or agile environment
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.