Technical Program Manager
As a Technical Program Manager (TPM), this person will lead, drive and deliver large, highly cross-functional programs. A successful TPM in this role will partner with Product Management, Engineering and other business stakeholders to define the product strategy, roadmap, design and execute the software solution, manage every aspect of the program for product delivery, and communicate the progress to every level of the organization, as needed. This position is based in Pasadena, CA.
- Manage the cross-functional software programs from product roadmap to product delivery, covering a range of areas including software development and testing, human resources and hardware capacity requirement, co-innovation with internal and external partners and product delivery
- In conjunction with product management, engineering teams and key business stakeholders, identify projects within the program, prioritize, scope, and define deliverables that support business goals and strategic objectives
- Define, drive the program schedule and ensure on-time delivery for the entire program
- Understand, identify and manage both technical and non-technical project dependencies and critical path within the program
- Provide hands-on program management and coaching during roadmap planning, analysis, design, development, testing, release, product launch and post-launch support
- Proactively manage changes in project and program scope, identify, communicate and resolve potential risks/conflicts, and create mitigation plans
- Develop and deliver program updates, proposals, and presentations to executives and all program teams in a timely and clear fashion
- Develop best practices; create new or improve existing process and tools for project execution and program management
- 10+ years of experience as project/program manager driving Internet/Online software development projects/programs, including full software development lifecycle from product requirements through implementation to product release and post release support
- BA preferred and/or 10+ years of relevant experience required
- Proven organization and delegation skills with ability to drive execution of the product roadmap, own the schedule with a track record of delivering projects on time
- Working knowledge and experience with agile methodology required
- Demonstrated resourcefulness and self-starter style
- Demonstrated experience in mentoring and coaching other team members
- PMP Certification (PMI) a plus
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) required
- Working knowledge and fluency with both JIRA and Confluence required
- Experience using JIRA Portfolio a plus
- Digital Advertising, Video, and Mobile experience desirable, but not required
- Adaptable, collaborative, and results-driven to drive projects and programs to successful completion during times of change
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential
- Ability to build strong and positive working relationships with key stakeholders and team members
- Promote cooperation and trust with team members, senior leadership and other stakeholders
- Ability to effectively prioritize shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities promptly and efficiently
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Adept at conducting research into program and project issues
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies
At OpenX, we have built a team that is uniquely experienced in designing and operating high-scale ad marketplaces, and we are constantly on the lookout for thoughtful, creative executors who are as fascinated as we are about finding new ways to apply a blend of market design, technical innovation, operational excellence, and empathetic partner service to the frontiers of digital advertising.
OpenX Purpose Statement
We create a culture of unreasonably awesome people who have the freedom and support to do the best work of our careers on challenging, meaningful projects that provide indispensable value to our partners.
Our five company values form a solid bedrock serving to define us as a group and guide the company. Our values remind us that how we do things often matters as much as what we do.
We are one
One team. No exceptions. We are a group of strong and diverse individuals unified by a clear common purpose.
Our customers define us
We know our business flourishes or dies because of our customers.
OpenX is mine
We are all owners of OpenX. We stake our personal and professional reputations on the excellence of our work.
We are an open book
We are eager to teach and share what we know with others.
We evolve fast
We take risks and confront failure openly. We recognize and repeat success aggressively. We actively seek out and provide constructive criticism. Defensiveness is for weaklings!