Technical Program Manager - Technical Operations at Pluto TV
Pluto TV, a ViacomCBS company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 250+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
Are you a hardworking agile program manager looking to join a rapidly-expanding PMO? We are seeking an individual with strong technical skills, experience in agile methodologies, and a track record of motivating teams to deeper levels of agility and self-organization.
Individuals should be highly skilled Agile program management professionals, great teammates, lifelong learners, and extraordinary communicators, with a passion for servant-leadership. Your primary responsibility will be serving as the technical program manager for the technology operations team. You’ll be partnering closely with the technology operations team to lead various initiatives across the organization. These initiatives may include information security, development operations, infrastructure, and all things technology operations. We are seeking self-motivated agile program managers with a strong sense of accountability and commitment with a keen eye for continuous improvement.
This is a meaningful role with a wide range of responsibilities, including:
- Leading projects / programs that span multiple departments with various stakeholders to ensure teams are achieving their commitments.
- Drive cross-team communication and transparency by providing accurate and proactive project tracking to the larger organization.
- Potentially participate in quarterly big-room planning, coordinate with the rest of the PMO to account for cross-team dependencies, and coach teams towards responsible quarterly commitments.
- Actively identify and remove impediments that may impact team velocity or deliverables.
- Work as a servant-leader within the team, using leadership skills to cultivate healthy and productive working relationships.
- Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration, and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities
- Champion the adoption of agile within your teams and across the organization.
Qualities / Experience We’re Seeking
We believe these are the key requirements to be successful:
- 3+ years experience as a technical program manager
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or equivalent certification required. Agile certifications such as PMI-ACP, CSP, or SA are recommended.
- 3+ years working in an Agile environment, with demonstrated success driving those teams to higher levels of productivity and efficiency.
- Experience working as part of a larger PMO to deliver complex solutions, working through an agile process to call out issues, remove impediments, and manage risks.
- Experience managing competing priorities, negotiating compromises, and interfacing between a technical team and business partners.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate ideas in a fast-paced creative environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or relevant experience.
- Proficiency in tools: Jira, Confluence, Google Suite, Slack
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.viacomcbs.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to [email protected] Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.