Technical Program Manager - IT at Ring
!Sorry, this job was removed at 7:02 p.m. (PST) on Tuesday, January 28, 2020
Are you passionate about working across multiple teams to build solutions that are more than the sum of their parts? Do you thrive on turning ambiguity into clarity? Do you enjoy diving into your customer’s business requirements, and finding the best architectural solution to meet their needs?
The Ring IT Engineering team is looking for an energetic Technical Program Manager to lead the design and delivery of complex technical system and network infrastructure and support Amazon IT integrations. This role will give you an opportunity to work with many different teams across the organization and leverage a range of technologies and systems to deliver solutions.
You must be able to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or multiple competing priorities. In addition to driving high-level strategic initiatives, you must also be able to roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done.
- Gather business requirements from Ring stakeholders and translate them into IT standard solutions.
- Drive expectations with Ring and Amazon stakeholders about internal projects and Amazon integration strategy, standards and progress.
- In conjunction with various internal and external stakeholders, design complex and cross-functional technical architecture solutions to a wide variety of IT infrastructure gaps and problems.
- Take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications and draft project schedules and milestones, then work with engineers and project managers to ensure those solutions’ successful and timely delivery.
- Work with stakeholders to identify technical and resource options to successfully deliver the designed architecture, assemble project teams, and assign responsibilities.
- Assess costs and benefits, identify and mitigate risks; manage escalations; anticipate and make tradeoffs; and balance business needs with technical constraints.
- Clearly communicate technical goals, responsibilities, issues and status to team members and stakeholders. Capture and share best-practice knowledge across the Infrastructure team and the Ring community.
- Understand and promote the use of applicable internal Ring and Amazon systems, platforms and technologies.
- Drive effective collaboration and architectural consensus across multiple disparate local and remote groups with competing priorities.
- Successful candidates will possess a well-rounded technical background in software and IT systems management, be detail driven and have excellent problem-solving abilities, as well as having experience in developing IT infrastructure architecture and related project management in a matrixed organization. Maturity, good judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are essential to success in this role.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years’ experience managing large, cross-functional projects.
- Demonstrated experience managing complex technology projects from requirements definition through delivery of solution, including communication of status and results throughout the organization.
- Ability to effectively influence, negotiate, and communicate with internal and external business partners, contractors and vendors to get things done.
- An ability to think creatively and apply strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proven ability to operate in extreme high pressure situations, successfully handle multiple competing priorities and possess a high level of discipline while displaying a high degree of flexibility and professionalism.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with business applications such as JIRA and Confluence.
- Practical knowledge and skill in the use of project management methodologies and tools such as Microsoft Project, SharePoint, Wiki, Excel and others relevant to project planning and issue management.
- Experience driving cross functional strategic initiatives.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Quantitative analytical abilities.
- Proven problem solving skills.
- Solid understanding of enterprise TCP/IP network theory and architecture.
- Hands on experience with MS Windows, UNIX/Linux, and Mac OS X.
- Experience managing IT Infrastructure projects (colocation, network deployment, production operations.)
- Familiarity with information security, relational databases and cloud computing.
- Experience within complex organizational settings (e.g., PMO, geographic dispersion, etc.).
- Experience mentoring and developing junior team members.
- Ability to communicate appropriately and effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
- Excellent organization, analytical, quantitative, and presentation skills.
- Strong bias for action and "get it done" attitude.
- Detail oriented, yet able to look at a wide array of choices and identify what truly matters.
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the video doorbell, to Ring Alarm, which was named #1 in Customer Satisfaction for DIY Home Security Systems by J.D. Power, Ring’s smart home security product line, as well as the Neighbors app, offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone -- while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants with our regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ring Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Read Full Job Description