Technical Program Manager, Business Intelligence (BI)
Who We Are
Pluto TV, a Viacom company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 100+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
Viacom creates entertainment experiences that drive conversation and culture around the world. Through television, film, digital media, live events, merchandise and solutions, our brands connect with diverse, young and the young at heart audiences in more than 180 countries.
For more information on Viacom and its businesses, visit www.viacom.com. Keep up with Viacom news by following us on Twitter (twitter.com/viacom), Facebook (facebook.com/viacom) and LinkedIn (linkedin.com/company/viacom).
As a Technical Program Manager, Business Intelligence (BI), at Pluto TV, you will be supporting the Business Intelligence team. You will be responsible for managing incoming requests, task management, and program managing larger Business Intelligence sponsored projects.
In this role, you’ll develop a general technical understanding of our BI and Data platforms, develop and own the roadmap, and take over day-to-day responsibility over managing incoming requests and balancing resource needs. This role will report to the Senior Director of Program Management.
This is a critical role with a wide range of responsibilities, including:
- Organizing, prioritizing, and managing the backlog of agile development teams.
- Participating in milestone and quarterly planning, managing dependencies with the Program Management Office and setting delivery dates.
- Driving the execution of requests through the BI team with a balance of speed and executional excellence, while surfacing blockers and impediments quickly to BI management and the Program Management team.
- Proactively identifying and removing impediments that may impact team velocity or deliverables.
- Working as a servant-leader within the team, using leadership skills to foster healthy and productive working relationships within the BI teams.
- Developing and maintaining a healthy working relationship with other functional teams, including data engineering, BI, software engineering, test, and product.
Qualities / Experience We’re Seeking
We believe the right individual will have the following skills and experience in order to be successful in this role:
- At least 3 years of commercial experience in software product/program management in a complex technical environment. BI and/or data warehousing project experience strongly preferred.
- Be able to understand and discuss BI and/or data projects on a technical level. Academic background in Mathematics, Data Analytics, Business Intelligence or similar quantitative disciplines strongly preferred.
- Experience and knowledge in Agile software development. Agile certifications such as PMI-ACP, CSP, or SA are recommended, but we will consider those with at a minimum of 3 years of experience working in an agile environment.
- At least 1 year of experience working with software development teams or business intelligence teams to remove cross-team dependencies, with proven experience driving those teams to higher levels of productivity and throughput.
- Proven experience managing expectations, driving stakeholder reporting, and interfacing between a technical team and business stakeholders.
- Experience and knowledge using data to drive important business decisions.
Citizens of Pluto TV have the privilege of entertaining millions of people. We are entrepreneurs looking to revolutionize the future of TV. While our planet is small, our ambition is boundless. The stakes don’t get much higher.
Becoming a Citizen is hard work. We need self-starters that thrive in changing environments, who treat company resources like their own, and who deliver seemingly impossible outcomes at warp speed. It’s the only way we stay ahead of the giants looking to take the opportunity we have earned. We are selective but once chosen, you’re in.
Why You Should Become a Citizen of Pluto TV
As stated, becoming a Citizen is hard work but the rewards of citizenship are plentiful. Work with the smartest people on some of the most complex projects of your life, while profoundly impacting both Pluto TV and the broader world of entertainment. Share in the epic quest to define the future of television as we know it. Big commitment, big impact, lasting change.
As a Citizen, you will enjoy generously-sponsored medical benefits, a generous vacation policy, 401K retirement plan, social and team events, and more!
We’re an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
At PlutoTV and Viacom, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Viacom is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.