Supplier Integration Manager
Greater LA Area
- The Supplier Integration Manager’s role is to integrate suppliers into the early stages of product design to optimize schedule, cost, and quality. The Supplier Integration Manager is an expert in technical sourcing, speaks the language of engineers, and understands how to marshal internal and external resources in support of project objectives. This individual is embedded within the engineering teams as a technical sourcing expert, and uses strategic sourcing tools to connect the world’s best suppliers to the Hyperloop One team. The Supplier Integration Manager also makes creative recommendations for cost, schedule, and quality improvements, and generates analysis used to drive sourcing and make/buy decisions.
- The Supplier Integration Manager also has a vision of how to improve sourcing processes to better enable Hyperloop One to operate more efficiently and quickly. The Supplier Integration Manager will be very process-oriented and able to adapt to a quickly changing environment. The individual in this position will apply proven communication, strategic sourcing, analytical, and creative problem-solving skills to enhance Hyperloop One performance and resolve business issues by leveraging a global supply base.
- Act as a primary strategic sourcing expert for the engineering team, focused primarily on new products and Design for Manufacturability activities
- Own the costed bill of materials for purchased components and co-lead executive cost reviews
- Own and drive the make/buy process for their respective value stream
- Develop both a short and long-term product specific sourcing strategy and drive execution, coordinating cross functionally to ensure project success
- Investigate, evaluate, and recommend new and/or alternate sources of supply as necessary to support new product development, cost reduction requirements, and/or to improve supplier performance
- Create, review, and/or approve purchase orders up to authorized limits for raw materials, parts, subassemblies, finished goods, equipment, tooling, supplies, and/or services from suppliers in support of engineering customer requirements
- Interpret technical requirements and estimate cost, lead times, manufacturing techniques, and identify the best value supplier
- Skillfully balance the price, delivery, quality, service, and value tradeoffs and rationalize the supply base
- Adhere to all supply chain policies, procedures, guidelines and instructions including those regarding the procurement of materials, intellectual property, and export compliance
- Negotiate short and long-term agreements for raw materials, parts, subassemblies, finished goods, equipment, tooling, supplies, and/or services from suppliers
- Create or review statements of work, prepare bidders lists, and manage the quote process
- Purchase in both MRP and project/purchase requisition oriented type environments under departmental guidelines
- Negotiate internally and externally at high levels or with persons of influence frequently
- Develop, monitor, and report on risk mitigation strategies
- Develop and track reporting against objectives and results
- Be a technical expert and will have a strong associated supplier network
- Work well under pressure and in with exceptionally tight deadlines
- Have a blend of both technical and business experience with a strong background in manufacturing and/or design
- Possess excellent judgement and the ability to make and execute on decisions for the holistic betterment of the company with little oversight
- Demonstrate integrity, respect, commitment to excellence, collaboration, creativity, and agility
- Exhibit strong customer service skills and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Have a vision of the big picture, be able to socialize the vision across the organization, obtain buy-in from key stakeholders, and translate the vision into actionable tasks
- Be able to communicate ideas in both a technical and user-friendly language
- Address problems with a positive, creative, collaborative approach, always keeping the customer experience in mind
- Have exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, and experience in presenting complex ideas to executive level audiences
- Have strong relationship building skills, and the ability to interact and work effectively with all levels of personnel and influence key stakeholders in order to get things done and set proper expectations
- Be able to take ownership and assignments of projects from beginning to end and capable of self-checking work produced for completeness and accuracy
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of Supply Chain, Engineering, Business, Finance or other related field, and 5+ years’ related work experience in a manufacturing environment
- Exceptional understanding of how to read blueprints/drawings, interpret specifications and review statements of work
- General understanding of the Uniform Commercial Code, U.S. Government FAR, DFARS and ITAR requirements.
- General understanding of enterprise quality system functionality (e.g., ISO 9000, AS9100, TS16949, etc.).
- General understanding of ERP systems and MRP logic
- Demonstrated ability to interpret technical documents and estimate costs, estimate lead times, and identify the best value supplier
- Proven experience in supporting critical new product introduction activities for highly technical products
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Certifications preferred: A.P.P., C.P.M., CPSM, CSCP, CPIM.
- Previous experience in a start-up or high growth environment
- Previous experience sourcing contract manufacturers
- Exceptional technical and cost knowledge of power electronics, and contract manufacturing
- Experience with financial control systems or cost accounting structures
Hyperloop One is an Equal Employment Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Hyperloop One will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the “Ban the Box” legislation. We may access publicly available information as part of your application. For full information on how your personal information will be stored and processed, please click here.
To all recruitment agencies: Virgin Hyperloop One does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Virgin Hyperloop One employees or any other company location. Virgin Hyperloop One is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description