Sr. Program Manager
Come join one of the fastest growing firms in the US! We are seeking a driven and motivated Senior Program Manager to play a critical role in our fast-growing, non-traditional, technology company.
This primary role of the Sr. Program Manager is to:
- Establish and help lead the organization’s program management capabilities to achieve on-time, on-budget current and new product introductions.
- The successful candidate will ensure that all current and new products successfully launch, starting from product marketing ideation approval to commercial mass production.
- The candidate will have a deep understanding of engineering and operations functions in order to define the product development and launch plan with functional leads, resolve cross-functional conflicts and drive rigorous coordination and execution.
- This resource will have the right mix of developing and implementing a foundation for growth, strong cross-functional collaboration skills and a ‘roll-up-your-sleeves’ attitude.
Define andhelp establish the Program Management capability that can support a rapidly growing organization. Resources, processes and tools must be highly effective, scalable and user friendly. Determine what metrics will measure the success of a new product introduction.
- Supports product ideation phase through leading new technology assessments, supporting prototype testing, coordinating with other functions to ensure cohesive integration of all technologies, and identifying strategies to address any supply chain gaps.
- Coordinate with manufacturing, sub-contractors and suppliers for the procurement and specification of components for use in the development projects.
- Lead the creation and execution of product development and manufacturing implementation plans with input from stakeholders on the deliverables. Ensures timely completion in line with defined milestones.
- Facilitates cross-functional validation that final product design can meet initial product definition and ROI expectations.
- Ensures priorities and trade-offs are clearly communicated and key stakeholders are engaged throughout the design cycle.
- Engages key resources to meet program ROI targets. Ensures respective teams are driving and reporting BOM cost, NRE, Transformation Costs and end customer pricing.
- Manage capital tooling projects from concept and financial justification through to component approval.
- Drive operations and engineering teams to achieve cost, quality and reliability of externally sourced components and sub-assemblies to meet cost targets, quality standards and warranty periods.
- Ensure that all Engineering and Operations cross-functional and vendor deliverables meet industry leading standards and are completed on time.
- Approval of engineering drawing, bills of material and component specifications utilizing technology expertise as required.
- Manage the generation of new assembly and test instructions.
- Prepares manufacturing partner and supply chain for launch of new product.
- Coordinate with stakeholders to design and optimize the manufacturing and test processes for new products, ensuring product and manufacturing cost and production yield targets are achieved.
- Promote DFx--Design for Manufacture and Assembly in new product design.
- Lead and participate in design and process FMEA’s, ensuring that risks are mitigated.
- Manage pre-production builds; verifying all business processes are tested and take ownership for the capturing and resolution of issues.
- 8+ years in Operations Manufacturing / NPI or Engineering development role.
- 5 years Program/Project Management experience.
- BS in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial Engineering or similar discipline.
- Proactively identifies and solves complex problems across teams.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to track and resolve issues across multiple programs simultaneously.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; must be able to speak and write in English
- Experience working with global teams and willing to participate in Global conference calls during non-standard working hours as needed.
- Self-starter and ability to work independently.
- Prefer to have professional experience with Products requiring electronics packaging, thermal management, and mechanical aesthetic requirements.
- Experience in Arena a plus
- Experience with Agile processes a plus
- Ability to also communicate in Mandarin, Cantonese or Spanish a plus.
A detailed and compelling compensation package will be outlined for the selected candidate.