Site Development Specialist at Boingo Wireless
Site Development Specialist
The Boingo Towers Site Development Specialist will support the Site Development Directors with program level tasks for site acquisition and site development for macro towers and small cells on US military bases. The candidate will establish strong and consistent communication methods and procedures for proactively informing and updating Site Development Directors throughout the project life cycle including planning, design, implementation and completion.
- Develop program level methodologies, practices, policies, procedures and customer reporting that will be consistently utilized and adhered to for the national wireless carriers.
- Process and maintain database of inbound Carrier Site Colocation applications. Interface with internal Carrier Leasing and Carrier Sales teams in reconciling these site requests against existing or proposed tower and pole assets within the SiteTracker system.
- Tower and small cell site development project management, including:
- Maintaining budgets and spend reconciliation for the Site Development Directors.
- Implement/complete project funding control processes, including vendor PO processing.
- Create and maintain Google Earth kmz files of all nodes existing, in construction, and in development.
- Dispatch and manage internal and external RF Cellular Benchmarking studies
- Subcontract and manage Environmental Impact Assessments.
- Subcontract and manage Site Candidate surveys. Finalize Primary Candidates for development.
- Subcontract and manage A&E services for pole make-ready engineering.
- Solicit and secure wire and equipment attachment agreements with Utility pole owners. Process colocation applications with existing pole owner partners.
- Coordinate/finalize carrier tenant colocation requirements; ground and air leasing needs. Collaborate on preliminary compound and tower/pole plan, generate Lease Exhibits as needed.
- Subcontract and manage Preliminary Design (Zoning) Package creation for new towers and small cell poles, including site plans, elevation plan, and photosyms
- Negotiate easements and amendments with property owners
- Obtain preliminary approvals of site applications
- Complete daily and weekly reporting to the Site Development Directors, as required.
- Business Development proxy when gathering information in the field, with intent to roll up findings to Business Development team
- Liaison to/for carriers & Military personnel in times during field interactions for the purposes of gathering information, with intent to act upon it in response.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years Wireless Telecommunications experience specific to wireless communications site acquisition and development.
- Track record indicative of a task master role in large wireless development programs and initiatives, such as carrier technology upgrades, site refresh initiatives, tower relocations/consolidations.
- Experience with Utility companies in developing pole assets in the Right-of-Way.
- Working knowledge of zoning laws, building codes, utility easements, and the permit/inspection cycles.
- Practical knowledge of cellular macro and small cell technologies: 3G, 4G LTE, LAA, 5G-5mm.
- Strong ability to read formal construction drawings, and associated Bill of Materials.
Nice to haves
- Experience with marketing or valuating cellular leases
- Practical knowledge of civil and electrical engineering principals as relates to; foundations, power metering and grounding, and low voltage systems and product applications
- Practical knowledge of Outside Plant (OSP) infrastructure, such as dark fiber, laterals, and UG Utility Right-of-Way best practices
Boingo Wireless, Inc. (NASDAQ: WIFI) helps the world stay connected. Our vast footprint of Wi-Fi and cellular networks covers more than a million locations and reaches over a billion consumers annually – in places as varied as airports, stadiums, military bases, and multifamily communities. The Boingo platform drives revenue through various products, including Wi-Fi, DAS (cellular), Media, Wholesale, and more. We’re an enthusiastic team, dedicated to growing our business by building amazing, valuable products.
Boingo boasts a super-fun, collaborative work environment, with an annual pool tournament, Halloween costume contest, summer picnic, bowling nights, and more. There’s a kitchen stocked with yummy snacks and drinks, and a well-appointed new mother’s lounge. We offer an incredible benefits package, including unlimited vacation, parental leave, health, dental, vision, 401(k) match, equity, and more. And, our award-winning headquarters, located in Westwood, CA, has 360-degree views of LA, from Catalina to the Hollywood Sign. It’s no wonder we’ve been named among the Best Places to Work in LA five years in a row, and counting!
Boingo is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.