Yankees, Angels, Eagles, Seahawks, Lollapalooza, Governors Ball, Bonnaroo…the biggest names in entertainment are our customers. We power the tech behind every t-shirt, hotdog, and drink sold at these venues, and at a global list of other clients that you just wouldn’t believe. Didn’t think Point of Sale could be sexy? Think again.
Appetize is looking for a truly exceptional ScrumMaster / Project Manager to work with some of our most important engineering teams. This is a critical role, leading web, mobile, and quality engineers to tackle an endless, important feature list at an intimidating scale. Imagine Lollapalooza or a hot Yankees game in the middle of summer if you couldn’t buy a beer…unacceptable. The stuff you’ll work on has a very real impact, and our customers will love you or hate you for what you deliver. What you and your team build matters here.
You are the most expert of jugglers, able to keep your engineers executing efficiently today while making sure that you’re looking ahead to tomorrow, next week, and next quarter. You are passionate about process, a wizard in Jira, and a master of all things burndown-chart. You understand Agile, live and breath it and able to help others understand the benefits and value of using it. You keep your sights on delivery commitments and coach your teams to do the same. At the same time, Appetize is passionate about our culture. Keeping your teams happy is important, not just because it means they’re delivering well, but because that’s the kind of company we choose to be. It’s a careful balance, but you’re an expert juggler, remember?Responsibilities:
- Serve as Scrum Master for multiple teams — own and facilitate their Agile ceremonies using best practices and flexibility to suit their way of working, while coaxing them toward greater efficiency
- Be a technical thought-leader, constantly improving how we work, by supporting the PMO to roll out cross-engineering initiatives such as consolidation and standardization of our project methodology
- Be the primary point of contact with our offsite engineering teams
- Work with product and the business to prioritize and deliver on schedule, plus release planning, through backlog grooming and planning sessions
- Own Jira for your teams, driving process, and transparency through Scrum or Kanban where appropriate, facilitating all ceremonies including standups, planning, and retrospectives.
- Communicate with the business around progress and delivery, the good, bad, and the ugly through meaningful metrics and status reports
- Be available as necessary to troubleshoot urgent issues and raise risks to the stakeholders through articulate status reports and communication on a regular basis
- Work closely with other Scrum Masters and Program Managers to coordinate enterprise-wide initiatives
- Champion a positive culture, both for your team and the larger organization
- Be approachable and transparent, wear a lot of hats, and always be aware of the big picture of making Appetize great
- Be the change agent as we strengthen our Agile muscles across the organization
- Able to do post mortem and root cause analysis to help teams continuously improve their practices to ensure maximum productivity
- Effectively tracks metrics and articulates findings and recommendations;
- Guide the team in Relative estimating practices and facilitate team estimates
- Manage project conflicts, challenges, and dynamic business requirements to keep operations running at a high performance
- Be a problem solver and not just an alerter, proactively identify and eliminate impediments and facilitate flow, maintain team data in project management tool to support estimates and execution
- 5+ years of impressive Agile project management experience
- Certified Scrum Master for 3+ years in a technical environment.
- Understanding all things Agile (Scrum, Kanban) including the ceremonies of backlog grooming, standups, sprint planning, retrospective.
- Jira knowledge and use in your past experience for task management of dev teams.
- Release planning experience, for client teams preferred.
- Strong background in implementing process around the full lifecycle of software development
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and excellent listening skills
- Experience in data analytics, resource planning, portfolio management a plus.
Appetize is the leading Enterprise Cloud Point of Sale (POS) and management platform for food service and retail. We're trusted by many of the world’s most well known and highest volume businesses, including sports and entertainment venues, theme parks and attractions, restaurants, retailers, education campuses, and business cafeterias. Based in Silicon Beach, CA, we have over 300 employees dedicated to developing cutting-edge technology that’s replacing outdated legacy systems and helping enterprises better their guest experience, future-proof operations, and driving financial performance.
At Appetize our employees are at the core of everything we do. As the company continues to grow, our team is dedicated to attracting and retaining top talent who are smart, mission-driven, and share a common goal of continuous innovation. We believe that the success of our product depends on the success of our team. From fully covered medical benefits, monthly stand-ups highlighting individuals' accomplishments, Waffle Wednesdays, and more, we’re dedicated to making this the best place to work!