Senior SCRUM Master
We are currently hiring for dynamic and collaborative Senior SCRUM Masters!
At Verifi, you will be part of a dynamic environment that supports interdepartmental collaboration, fuels creativity and provides you with an opportunity to take ownership and play an intricate part in our company’s success.
You will work alongside the brightest and most remarkable individuals in the industry and you will have an immediate impact on our aspirations for global domination and disruption of the payments space. And you will do all this, while challenging your career, giving back to the community and creating new friendships.
Join Verifi and you join the leader in the eCommerce marketplace for payment and risk management.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Organize and facilitate daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos and other Scrum-related meetings.
- Work collaboratively with Product Owners, cross-functional development teams, and Technical Managers to support development and data delivery to our customers both internal and external.
- Support and coach teams on agile/scrum practices by using a servant leadership style and leading by example, ensuring the development teams are practicing the core agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility.
- Assist the Product Owner in user story creation/prioritization and product Backlog grooming while supporting overall organizational goals.
- Track and report Scrum team velocity, high-level budgeting, and manage Sprint capacity; providing visibility to leadership as needed.
- Guide and coach the Scrum Team facilitating discussions on efficiency, conflict resolution and escalating blockers accordingly
- Coordinate dependencies between teams with other Scrum Masters/Technical Managers.
- Ensure cross functional coordination (analysts, developers and testers) is occurring early and often.
- Create an environment that empowers and energizes team members, with a focus on accountability, adaptability, and collaboration.
- Support 3-4 Scrum teams
You bring to the table your:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field
- Must have 3+ years of Scrum Master experience in the SaaS industry
- 5+ years of technology experience; preferably PM, TM or hands on experience
- Experience working in environments with different Agile approaches (ie. Scurm, Kanban)
- Experience working with an agile methodology on large scale, technically complex projects; thorough understanding of agile software development methodologies, values and procedures
- Ability to deal with multiple projects and deadlines
- Must be self-motivated as well as creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problems
- Data driven analytical skills for measuring and managing delivery with a high attention to detail
- Excellent team player with the ability to influence and negotiate
- Ability to understand and communicate technical issues
- Highly adaptable to fast-paced, changing environments
- Excellent interpersonal skills while working with diverse teams and remaining calm under pressure and cognizant of how you are perceived
- Ability to hold team members accountable, set clear sprint performance standards, resolve sprint performance issues, keep team engaged and on task
We are located in Los Angeles and offer:
- Dynamic, stimulating and open environment with opportunity for personal development.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- 401k w/ match, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays
- Paid parking and complimentary food
- Socially conscious and community oriented company
- Energized employment filled with activities and events
- Competitive Base Salary, plus bonus, and stock options