Senior Project Manager
At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, millions of visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re Applying For:
Edmunds is looking for a full-time Sr. Project Manager to work in our award-winning office in sunny Santa Monica. This role reports to the Executive Director of Program Management, joining a close-knit team of talented software project managers. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years delivering software projects of high quality, and have the ability to thrive in a dynamic environment where change is both expected and welcomed.
As an Edmunds Sr. Project Manager, you will:
- Act as a project manager for 2-4 cross-functional product development teams consisting of product owners, designers, and developers.
- Work within or across multiple project teams to insure that blockers are resolved, and communication gaps are plugged quickly and efficiently.
- Act as a champion for the team to improve process, morale, and productivity.
- Guide teams through changes in priorities and milestones at the direction of executive sponsors for your projects.
- Coordinate software deployments to production in collaboration with the release team.
- Implement and troubleshoot creative solutions that streamline process & workflow using 3rd party tools.
- Collaborate with fellow project/program managers to solve cross-organizational pain points.
Your Skills & Qualifications:
- 5+ years project management experience with software/web development projects
- Hands-on experience implementing Agile scrum or Kanban software development methodologies with cross-functional teams of 5-15 people
- Experience managing the full development life-cycle (develop, test, and release software into production) with mixed on-site/offshore development teams
- Working knowledge of Google Apps, Atlassian JIRA, and Slack
- Superior communication, coordination, and organizational skills
- Excellent meeting facilitation skills, with follow-through on decisions/action items
- Ability to act as an accurate translator across business and technical functions
- Ability to effectively lead teams in a matrixed organization
- Ability to navigate and lead through ambiguity and change
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal (for the last 6 years!), Computerworld, and Built in LA. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. In fact, our CEO, Avi Steinlauf, was rated as one of Glassdoor's Highest Rated CEOs! If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.