Senior Program Manager, Publishing at Pluto TV
About The Brand
Overview and Responsibilities
Are you a hardworking individual contributor looking to join an agile Program Management Office? We are seeking an individual with strong technical skills, experience in agile methodologies, and a track record of motivating teams to deeper levels of agility and self-organization. We are looking for a phenomenal program manager to support two software development teams who work on Pluto's content platform.
Individuals should be highly skilled professionals, great teammates, lifelong learners, and excellent communicators, with a passion for servant-leadership. We're looking for self-directed program managers who are open to collaborating in an environment of mutual influence.
This is a critical role with a wide range of responsibilities, including:
- Cross- Team Communication: Drive cross-team communication by providing accurate and proactive project tracking to internal partners and the larger organization.
- Agile Best Practices: Champion agile methodologies within your assigned teams, serve as a team process coach and agile subject matter authority. Coordinate agile ceremonies at the team level.
- Impediment Removal: Actively identify and remove impediments that may impact team velocity or deliverables. Partner with other program managers and organizational leaders to remove impediments and balance risks.
- Program Planning: Participate in quarterly planning, balance cross-team dependencies with the PMO, and set delivery plans.
- Servant Leadership: Work as a servant-leader within the assigned teams, using leadership skills to nurture healthy and productive working relationships.
- Development Team Relationship: Develop a healthy working relationship within your teams and taking steps to build an environment of mutual respect.
- Relentless Improvement: Implement processes that foster relentless improvement and drive the team and the organization towards more efficient product delivery.
We believe the right individual will have the following skills and experience in order to be successful in
this role:organization towards more efficient product delivery.
- Strong knowledge of Agile principles and tools. A CSM is required and an advanced Agile certification (e.g. SPC, CSP, PMI-ACP, etc.) highly desired.
- 5+ years' experience as an agile project manager/scrum master building complex software-based systems from inception to release, including coordinating cadence-based releases.
- Experience and a working understanding of content ingestion pipelines, content management systems, and/or content distribution feeds. We don't require you to be a subject matter expert, but a general understanding is preferred.
- Able to handle high-level partners within the organization and help to balance competing needs and requests.
- Experience coaching high-functioning development teams, with an eye on using those skills to increase the speed and quality of software delivery.
- Experience using agile techniques to deliver large software epics with reliability, speed, and quality.