Senior Program Manager, BSA/AML Compliance at Aspiration
Sorry, this job was removed at 3:19 a.m. (PST) on Monday, March 8, 2021
Aspiration is the first VC-backed neobank on a mission to be the leading consumer financial services brand and company focused on sustainability and the environment. At Aspiration, we created the category of sustainable, socially responsible retail consumer finance. We offer unique financial products to let people save, spend, and invest their money in ways that make them more financially secure and align with their personal values. Unlike other financial institutions, Aspiration is committed to building a relationship with our customers based on trust and aligning the customer’s success with our own. Aspiration has raised over $200M in funding to date, and is growing quickly.
Aspiration is looking for a Senior Program Manager to join our growing Operations team. The core competencies of this position are centered in the development, implementation, and administration of the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)/Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and ID Theft Red Flags Compliance Programs.
What You'll Do
- Performing ongoing analysis of the bank’s BSA/AML/OFAC and identity theft risks within all areas of the firm including products, services, customers, entities and geographic locations
- Serving as subject matter expert on BSA/AML and ID theft red flags related questions and providing guidance and leadership to BSA Staff.
- Reviewing and updating web-based enterprise BSA/AML and ID theft red flags training content.
- Developing and maintaining BSA/AML and ID theft red flags policies and procedures.
- Presenting monthly and periodic reports to the Board of Directors and other stakeholders concerning BSA/AML and ID theft red flags requirements.
- Maintaining proficient knowledge of regulatory and related laws as they pertain to BSA/AML and ID theft red flags compliance focus areas.
- Developing compliance monitoring programs to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and assess the adequacy of internal compliance processes.
- Overseeing all corrective actions relating to areas of responsibility.
- Interfacing with examiners/auditors during regulatory exams and internal audits.
- Managing vendor relationships for BSA/AML systems and coordinating tuning exercises.
- Acting at all times in a manner that is ethical and aligned with the regulatory obligations of the firm and our partners.
- A variety of other duties aligned with your unique skills, as our firm and its needs expand and evolve.
What You'll Bring
- 5+ years of experience involving financial research, AML analytical software, AML investigations, law enforcement agency, regulatory agency or fraud or loss management departments within the financial industry
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) or equivalent current professional certification(s) preferred
- Strong working knowledge of financial institution laws, regulations, and industry practices.
- Working understanding of risk management principles and practices.
- Ability to train and develop staff in regulatory compliance matters.
- 3 - 5 years progressive experience demonstrating professionalism, growth and trustworthiness.
- Demonstrated investment and excellence in formal or informal learning and development, equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree.
- A functional understanding of banking and investment products.
- Passion for user experience, customer service and social good
- Experience in an organization that is recognized for outstanding customer service and customer experience
- Certifications and professional designations
- Excellence in business productivity software (Adobe, Google, Microsoft, Bookkeeping & Accounting Solutions)
- Advanced proficiency with cloud-based business intelligence, project management, content management or case management software
- Strong proficiency with software languages that are useful in an environment isolated from production engineering (SQL, Python, R, M, DAX, etc.); ability to apply this proficiency to accelerate day-to-day business needs
- Demonstrated and substantial success in mentoring peers, building processes, creating business value, or creating uniquely fantastic customer experiences at scale; bonus if any of these were in a financial services environment
What You'll Get
- Working with a mission-driven company that's challenging the status quo and transforming the lives of millions by building a better and more socially conscious financial firm
- Competitive salary + meaningful equity
- Comprehensive benefits including health, dental and vision
Read Full Job Description