Senior Manager, Project Management at Honey
Honey is a fast-growing startup based in Los Angeles. Our online shopping platform offers users a smarter way to shop. Through a simple browser extension, we open up instant access to exclusive savings, deals, rewards and discovery, all powered by the collective knowledge of Honey’s community of online shoppers. We are helping millions save when they shop online, and we're hiring! We are actively seeking a Senior Manager, Project Management to join the Marketing Team in our Los Angeles office.
About The Marketing Team:
As a member of the Marketing team, you will be tasked with growing our 15M+ user base. You’ll let the data tell the story and surface actionable insights. We enjoy working with others that are curious and love thinking, making and solving problems in creative ways.
About The Role:
We are looking for a leader with a demonstrated history of establishing a robust and scalable Creative Project Management function to join Honey as we enter our next phase of growth. The Sr. Manager, Project Management will work closely with the VP of Creative to build, implement, and scale process at a system level for the nascent Project Management practice.This individual will need to possess a keen ability to negotiate resources, own budgets, set and communicate project schedules, and ensure project success from ideation through execution.
What You’ll Do:
As a Senior Manager, Project Management, you will:
Project Management & Execution
- Establish timelines, delegate project tasks to team members and follow up with all parties regarding delivery of project obligations and feedback.
- Uphold brand quality by ensuring all projects are approved by appropriate stakeholders.
- Lead the communication of creative assets and turnarounds to to necessary internal parties (both expected & delivered).
- Ensure creative projects are appropriately scoped, planned, and managed.
- Create and adjust processes to meet project/business needs and look for ways to improve processes.
- Actively monitor project scope and potential risks while proactively identifying solutions to address them in advance.
- Identify opportunities in communication, alignment and process and implement new methodologies to properly leverage information, meetings and checkpoints.
Cross-Functional Leading & Collaboration
- Lead the Project Management team and oversee the creation, resourcing and execution for all creative projects.
- Ensure Creative team projects are appropriately scoped, planned, and managed by all members of the PM Team.
- Create new process to meet business goals and look for ways to improve existing processes while coaching teams to do the same.
- Manage 3rd party vendor relationships for the Project Management Team
- Identify uplevel opportunities and identify new ways for the PM function to properly leverage information, meetings and checkpoints.
- Collaborate with cross-functional leaders to ensure projects are aligned with business goals, organizational strategy and prioritized appropriately.
- 6-10 years of experience in project management and execution of large-scale marketing projects.
- 3-5 years of experience working with creatives, ideally within a creative agency, delivering work across different media (TV, YouTube, OOH, Digital, Social, etc).
- Strong understanding of creative programs, concept driven work-flow and design process required.
- Knowledge and use of project management software.
- Experience working with external vendors, partners, agencies and skilled in developing scopes of work, fee structures, and managing contracts.
- Ability to liaise between different departments and personalities to effectively manage and disseminate flow of information.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Embody an entrepreneurial spirit, intellectual curiosity, and a bias towards action.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment which demands quick thinking and strong attention to detail.
At Honey, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work when they can show up every day as their authentic selves. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Honey is an equal opportunity employer. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.