Senior Associate, Digital Investment at MediaCom
Senior Associate, Digital Investment
Objectives of the Role
The Digital Investment Senior Associate handles the digital spend and negotiations across MediaCom's clients. S/he is responsible for negotiating, managing and executing digital media buys associated with one or more assigned accounts. S/he will provide strategic market insights, trends and pricing benchmarks, oversight, and management of spending across major vendors while monitoring client budgets and adherence to KPIs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the Integrate Planning team to gain insights on objectives, KPIs, strategies, audiences, etc. to ensure tactical buys deliver against goals.
- Participate in vendor RFP selection
- Help manage RFP process (all digital channels, where applicable)
- Help centrally manage negotiations/rate tracking/planning costs/benchmarking/ budget management of assigned account(s)
- Demonstrate better pricing, efficiencies, and impact by consolidating buys across sites, MediaCom and GroupM
- Benchmark buys in Negotiation Investment Template
- Help with Negotiations (ensure substitutability)
- Manage vendor relations (Inventory avails, IOs, notify if included/excluded from buy)
- Develop Site Scoring Model (ranking for buy development)
- Gain approval for all sites on tactical buys internally
- Develop tactical buy with Investment Supervisor
- Work with Buy Enablement team to ensure all buys are entered into Prisma (naming conventions, budgets, placements, compliance, updates, etc.), campaign launches and delivery/pacing is occurring
- Partner with Buy Enablement for monthly billing
- Build relationships and meet with vendors on an ongoing basis to provide updates and/or recommendations
- Create Vendor POVs
- Keep current on digital innovations, ad models, and technologies
- Proactive in following up on client team requests with a key awareness of client deadlines
- Follow key investment tenets around KPIs
- Actively participate in department projects/committees
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Build and maintain strong relationships with media, technology, analytics and GroupM teams as well as media and technology publishers
- Foster camaraderie within the Investment team and with all key stakeholders they support
- Educate media teams on the digital investment process
- Provide guidance to team members and nurture/promote team environment
- Train employees on tools and best practices
- Ability to work in a team environment that promotes collaboration
- Adept at communicating effectively across all levels
- Can work successfully within a team as well as independently
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Thorough understanding of the media landscape and fast-moving digital trends
- Strong quantitative and analytical/results-oriented skills
- Solid negotiation skills and tactics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, work successfully with teams, and work under pressure
- Excellent time-management and follow-through skills
- Advanced proficiency in Excel with intermediate PowerPoint and Word skills
- Strong understanding of interactive research tools
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 2+ years of prior digital planning experience desired
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators.
We are 8,500 of the world's leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries.
We have a global client roster that's the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, PSA, Richemont, Shell and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. We do this using our Systems Thinking approach to data, technology and creativity and design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We're part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business.
All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It's our People First, Better Results philosophy.
We know that when we invest in our people, we'll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients.
We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That's why our agencies are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we.
Welcome to MediaCom.
Take A Virtual Office Tour: http://bit.ly/picture-yourself-at-MediaCom-NYC
GroupM and all its affiliates embrace and celebrate diversity, inclusivity, and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are a worldwide media agency network that represents global clients. The more inclusive we are, the more great work we can create together.