Scrum Master at Core Digital Media
About The Job
- Serving and supporting the Product Owner and Development Team in their quest to do everything possible to successfully deliver.
- Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style and leading by example.
- This person should personify Scrum and Agile.
- Guiding and Coaching the Scrum Team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values.
- Guiding and Coaching both the Scrum Team and the Development team on how to get the most out of self-organization in order to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks.
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization.
- Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of healing and problem solving.
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to refining (aka grooming) and managing the product backlog.
What You Need
- First level Scrum Master Certification (PSM I, CSM I).
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least 2 year for a software development team.
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Knowledge of numerous well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous Burn-down techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.).
- The ability to distinguish between what "is Scrum" what is "not Scrum".
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills.
Nice To Have
- Second or Third Level Scrum Master certification (CSM II, PSM II, PSM III, CSP).
- Experience in Test Driven Development & Behavior Driven Development.
- Experience being on multiple Scrum teams in a variety of different contexts (different team sizes, different organizations, different cultures, co-located vs. distributed, etc.).
- Track record of continued and recent education in Scrum, including training, conferences, user groups, self-study, etc.
- Knowledge of other approaches discussed in the Agile space: XP, Lean, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc.
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games.
- Prior experience with Project Management and release management would be helpful.