LRW is an innovative, fast-growing market research firm with an entrepreneurial culture. Globally recognized for work with top brands and consultative deliverables, LRW delivers more than data to drive strategic change.
As a Research Director you will bring your leadership, research expertise, business intelligence and analytic thinking to successfully manage multiple projects, grow and develop your project team, effectively provide business insights through analyzing data, and build client relationships.
Using your flexibility and discretionary judgment, you will lead and develop your project team as they manage and execute research projects, as well as be the lead analyst on your own studies. You will also provide guidance to team members on various research methodologies and project management techniques.
Applying your research expertise and strong organizational skills, you will assist in developing proposals to design, and subsequently lead, complex studies that produce high-quality client deliverables and support our unique ability to use market research to have business impact, while achieving strong financial results.
Applying your business expertise and strong analytic thinking, you will discern meaningful patterns and connections from complex data, help extract meaningful insights and recommendations, and communicate the findings to clients in a clear and concise fashion.
Your ability and initiative to solve problems, mentor teams, analyze data, manage budgets, and support proposal development will be met with growth opportunities.
- Guide a team as they execute the project process from study design through analysis and reporting, producing thorough, high-quality deliverables while achieving excellent financial results.
- Effectively perform the Lead Analyst role on a variety of projects.
- Direct multiple projects for you and your team simultaneously, while ensuring they remain efficient, on schedule and within budget
- Apply solid business understanding to deliver actionable, impactful findings to clients.
- Demonstrate a strong sense of teamwork while providing growth and development opportunities for team members, including building morale and supporting company initiatives and efforts.
- Provide mentoring and coaching to create an inspiring environment; maintain a positive attitude in challenging situations.
- Be available to serve as a team resource for decision making and guidance.
- Proactively lead problem solving efforts; provide suggestions and take action on areas needing improvement.
- Develop client rapport and manage expectations through communications that develop trust and build strong relationships.
- Collaborate with Business Developers by assisting in the proposal and bid process.
- Effectively manage people managers in direct reporting relationships.
- Typically directly supervise at least one employee.
- May facilitate training workshops.
Education and/or Experience:
- B.A. in related field such as Business, Economics, or Social Sciences. M.A. or MBA preferred.
- At least 4 years of prior experience in market research.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Able to lead project managers, multiple projects and teams simultaneously to deliver quality deliverables with strong financial performance.
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills of direct reports, project team and broader project members.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient analyst and report writer.
- Capable of managing workload priorities for self and team.
- Strategic thinker with strong business acumen.
- Proficient in building and maintaining client relationships.
- Preferred expertise in one or more business verticals or study methodologies.