Release Manager at Mythical Games
We are Mythical Games. A Venture-backed next-generation game technology company at the intersection of video games and blockchain technologies led by industry veterans. Our goal is to lead the industry by supporting the launch of exceptional video game experiences that leverage distributed ledger technology via our platform of robust tools, technology, and data for game developers.
We are currently looking for a Release Manager who can drive the execution and build efficiency in our release & deployment process.
- Negotiate, plan and manage all release activities. Ensure on-time delivery of high-quality releases
- Manage risks and resolves issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality
- Manage relationships and coordinate release related work between different teams at different locations
- Lead and co-ordinate the Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment Plans, checklists and Release Readiness reviews.
- Manage feature release readiness, operational infrastructure and configuration deployments
- Produce Deployment, Run Books and Implementation Plans
- Maintains a release repository and manages key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, environment and notification lists
- Weekly Release Reporting and communicate release details and schedules to the Business as required
- Work with engineers to understand impacts of branches and code merges
- Develops scripts and automation tools used to build, integrate, and deploy software releases to various platforms
- Researches new software development and configuration management methodologies and technologies and analyzes their application to current configuration management needs
- Continuously improve the release processes and strengthen the definition of release readiness
- Review and maintain standard operating procedures for operational elements of the program including release management, incident management plan, configuration management plan, account provisioning process, patch management plan and audit management plan.
- Execute the release management life cycle which includes scheduling, coordinating, and managing software deployments and product rollouts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of previous release and/or project management experience, (Solid understanding of project management principles preferred)
- 3+ years of experience in information systems operations environment in systems analysis or development
- Formal training in Agile and project management practices preferred
- Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle
- Experienced using GitLab for CI/CD, merge requests
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
- Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills are a must
- General PC knowledge including Microsoft Office expert level knowledge of Excel, working Knowledge of Access
Our team values diversity and believes that it strengthens our games, products, and communities. We strongly encourage POC, folks with disabilities, those belonging to the LGBTQIA+ communities, and folks across all gender identities to apply.
We offer our team benefits such as (but not limited to) high-quality Vision, Dental, and Health Care, generous Parental Leave, and Unlimited PTO to ensure that they actually take time off without the stress of needing to accrue time.
If you need assistance around accommodations due to a disability, please reach out to [email protected] We’ll be with you as soon as possible; our goal is to ensure an accessible and equitable interview process for everyone.