Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As a Release Manager you will be joining the team responsible for updating and deploying League of Legends across the globe. You will be involved with improving the League of Legends delivery pipeline with a continuous delivery mindset, using both process and technology at your disposal. You understand what fuels games as a live service and have a passion to improve the experience for internal developers getting content out the door, and more importantly, the players. You’re a communication expert able to craft efficient and clear messages to any size group or situation. You’ll wrangle process and organize teams to keep momentum building, fostering teamwork and continuous improvement across the organization.
- A Core Gamer: your passion for video games is what drives you to become part of the industry. You understand the impact of delays, disabled content, and degraded service because you're a player too.
- A Bulldog: you take the initiative to seek out and solve problems whether it be internal work flow, or external process that is slowing down the release process.
- A Seeker of Knowledge: learning feeds into your passion and you welcome the challenge of learning new tools, techniques and technologies, and are able to quickly utilize the knowledge gained.
- A Technical Adept: you’re familiar with the struggles of releasing software; you understand how to use your project management and technical skills to optimize and automate processes and workflows.
- A Process Wizard: you understand the importance of runbooks and documentation; you pay close attention to details ensuring that mistakes are the exception rather than the rule.
- Leverage your strong sense of game knowledge to lead the League of Legends release and deployment process, managing the pipeline to ensure that we are delivering the best global player experience.
- Bridge the gap between development and operations by facilitating discussions and making decisions that impact the League of Legends live service and our players.
- Challenge the impossible as you improve upon League’s continuous deployment process. Analysing data and trends, you’ll work with teams to accomplish major goals on both strategic and tactical levels.
- Evangelize and spread the Release culture and continuous delivery mindset throughout the entire organization.
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.